Pigs new training ground?

29 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Apparently bought land at Dore for a new "training centre". Not sure whether or not it means the old one at Shirecliffe might now be available?!

Shirecliffe for the academy. 

Dore for first team, £4 Million ish,  but needs a lot spending on it.

I know everybody is laughing at them throwing more money at it by borrowing, but this could be a deal beaker for someone to takeover.

This is just my guess though. 

Thinking out loud...

Now it'd make sense to buy both clubs and merge.

Redevelop BDTBL to a 60k modern stadium, whilst playing in S6, then sell Hillsborough and Middlewood Rd for housing.

At least you Terries  would still have you village bragging rights and watch a team at in Sheffield 

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Thinking out loud...

Redevelop BDTBL to a 60k modern stadium, whilst playing in S6, then sell Hillsborough and Middlewood Rd for housing.

At least you Terries  would still have you village bragging rights and watch a team at in Sheffield 

Housing on a major flood plain?  Sounds like a plan.  🙄

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Thinking out loud...

I can see that being the only way the club's being sold to anyone who can take them forward.

I'd go one further and merge Sheffield FC, take the name and dates from them with the history of all 3 combined.

World's oldest club in the top leagues in a single club city would make a fortune from 'casuals' and foreign fans, where most of the money comes from these days as would become a prime destination and second team for football tourists.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

I can see that being the only way the club's being sold to anyone who can take them forward.

I'd go one further and merge Sheffield FC, take the name and dates from them with the history of all 3 combined.

World's oldest club in the top leagues in a single club city would make a fortune from 'casuals' and foreign fans, where most of the money comes from these days as would become a prime destination and second team for football tourists.

Fuck off.

Skeptical about it in the short term as there’s still a way to go on getting the actual purchase complete, planning for any new facilities (I know its already a sports ground but presumably they will need bespoke structures) and then actual work to the site and spending on cat 1 to maintain it. If they are not spending on the team then where is the money for this?