Our play off history

Reesh

We've made the end of season lottery on 3 occasions so far since their inception way back in the 80s and all being well we confirm another go on Saturday. 

We've played 8 games and lost just one in normal context and once on pens, 4 wins and 2 draws. 

Our play off runs that have ended in a trip to the final we've finished in the lower spots of the top six and had to play at home first leg and won both. 

So do we take that as an omen and hope 5th/6th or don't we care. 

I don't fear any of the other clubs we could face but think Sunderland would be the biggest challenge to us

It is interesting the psychological impact of whether you play at home first or second. Particularly if you score first/ win at home then take a lead to the 2nd away leg.

im not precious about who we get, but our record against Wycombe is the worst of the potential permutations. So I'd prefer to avoid them, not only bc of our record against them but just the prophecy of seeing their anti football approach. MK, Plymouth and Sunderland play football which we tend to be better. Fingers crossed Wycombe won't even get in the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

It is interesting the psychological impact of whether you play at home first or second. Particularly if you score first/ win at home then take a lead to the 2nd away leg.

im not precious about who we get, but our record against Wycombe is the worst of the potential permutations. So I'd prefer to avoid them, not only bc of our record against them but just the prophecy of seeing their anti football approach. MK, Plymouth and Sunderland play football which we tend to be better. Fingers crossed Wycombe won't even get in the playoffs 

It's only recently that Wycombe seem to be the team we don't beat. 

Neil has Sunderland defensively sound but reading their forum he gets a bit of stick cos they're not blowing sides away and it's taken late goals to gloss over that. 

I'm genuinely concerned about finishing 4th, I think we have the capacity to be able to end the tie after the first leg if we play at Hillsborough first, but concerned it could be all over for us after one game if we don't. Oh and I don't want fucking Wycombe.