RIP Stan Bowles.

RIP Stan.

Charlton tried to sign him after we got promoted in 1980.

He turned us down because he hadn’t realised we’d gone up, and didn’t want to drop down to the 3rd division.

At least that’s what my memory tells me, but a quick Google tells me that he signed for Forest in 1980, so I think it was very unlikely he’d have come to us.

Edited by cheat

Now there was a player who did his talking with his feet.

Different era to now, maybe his discipline wouldn’t have suited the modern game but my god, with the right coaching (sympathetic towards him and focussed on his talent), his ability most certainly would have.

RIP to another true character in the game - we’re getting more and more shorter of them as time moves on 😢

12 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Now there was a player who did his talking with his feet.

Different era to now, maybe his discipline wouldn’t have suited the modern game but my god, with the right coaching (sympathetic towards him and focussed on his talent), his ability most certainly would have.

RIP to another true character in the game - we’re getting more and more shorter of them as time moves on 😢

I’m struggling to think of an expressive player and character like him in the modern game.