QPR lose player for a year....

There are a few differing reports.

Talksport are saying he's appealing and can play during the appeal. Can see QPR trying to appeal, even if it just gets them an extra 3 months if that's the case. Push it back to the end of the season, locked up, back for next Christmas with good behaviour.

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Ilias Chair sent to prison for a year, for smashing a truck driver's head in with a rock! Sky Sports are reporting it, but the Mirror say that QPR have said it's not concluded yet

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-qpr-ilias-chair-jailed-32196431

He's a decent player, that will help our cause, him not being involved. 

More than decent, IMO. 

4 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

There are a few differing reports.

Talksport are saying he's appealing and can play during the appeal. Can see QPR trying to appeal, even if it just gets them an extra 3 months if that's the case. Push it back to the end of the season, locked up, back for next Christmas with good behaviour.

So we should sign and play Nico Shulz 

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

So we should sign and play Nico Shulz 

Neither should be playing.

If Schultz plays, you can guarantee Man U will use it as part of the reasoning behind bringing Greenwood back.

People forget that players are nothing more than entertainers and should be at the bare minimum decent role models.

3 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Schultz plays, you can guarantee Man U will use it as part of the reasoning behind bringing Greenwood back

Can't imagine Man U taking a shit bit of notice  about us tbh.

Ineos already said he's done and they have to sell him to help fund summer targets.

I employed a bloke that had just come out of prison for r**e the other year. His case was a legal travesty and he's spending all his time getting convictions over turned, but he's the hardest worker in the team and will go far in the industry as he can't do his previous profession.

Should I have left him to rot on the streets?

Just now, Andyben said:

Can't imagine Man U taking a shit bit of notice  about us tbh.

Ineos already said he's done and they have to sell him to help fund summer targets.

I employed a bloke that had just come out of prison for r**e the other year. His case was a legal travesty and he's spending all his time getting convictions over turned, but he's the hardest worker in the team and will go far in the industry as he can't do his previous profession.

Should I have left him to rot on the streets?

Thought Man U had kicked the can to the summer on Greenwood? If Schultz did sign, they'd be watching pretty closely as to how he's received as it would be a pretty good test case.

As for the employee, I'm all for rehab. I've known a few in the same boat, but just as he'll never be able to work in certain jobs due to it, in my opinion, professional sports should also be one of those jobs. You can make a comment and be finished in this job as the sport doesn't want to be associated with racists, etc. but has no problems with violent and sexual offences.

Football is followed by a lot of kids and even more dickheads who see the players as role models and heros.

There's enough on both of them to suggest they did it, even if they aren't convicted, that it will look like they've 'got away with it'.

It also shows them that, in the case of football, integrity doesn't matter, only winning, and by extension, money matters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Thought Man U had kicked the can to the summer on Greenwood? If Schultz did sign, they'd be watching pretty closely as to how he's received as it would be a pretty good test case.

No, they'd agreed to re-register him in autumn but there were staff members at th club and the  WSL team that weren't happy  The intention was leaked and it snowballed. INEOS have said he's done.

He's the only saleable asset they can afford to lose, although I'd sell the porco Barry Bannan and use his wages and fee to rebuild midfield (Kimmich on a free for a start).

Rashford to PSG is 80:20 

17 minutes ago, Andyben said:

No, they'd agreed to re-register him in autumn but there were staff members at th club and the  WSL team that weren't happy  The intention was leaked and it snowballed. INEOS have said he's done.

He's the only saleable asset they can afford to lose, although I'd sell the porco Barry Bannan and use his wages and fee to rebuild midfield (Kimmich on a free for a start).

Rashford to PSG is 80:20 

Thought that was from a while ago and Radcliffe had U-turned a couple of days ago.

Or have they changed it again?

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

More to stop shit bids from Barca /Atleti. 

But it says everything that he even thinks it's remotely acceptable. The fact that those bids will come in.

It was obvious he would be playing when there were reports about the police letting him break his bail and seeing her a couple of months after he was charged. A normal bloke would have been locked up.