Contract talks incoming…..

I'm hoping that if staying, they will be in a more transitional role as backups or into coaching.

We will never be able to sign a decent creative midfielder while Bannan is here in a starting role. Chansiri won't fork out for one and they're not going to come and be a sub as we can't afford to play 2. He's the best at what he does here because he has no competition whatsoever in his role.

Keep Bernard and possibly Vaulks as a backup too.

The rest can go.

Especially Windass.

I think, and hope, that if Bannan is given an extension it will be ironed out that he'll be there to act as an impact/back-up. 

I can't see DR relying heavily on a 35 year old playmaker who has trouble keeping shape sometimes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

I'm hoping that if staying, they will be in a more transitional role as backups or into coaching.

We will never be able to sign a decent creative midfielder while Bannan is here in a starting role. Chansiri won't fork out for one and they're not going to come and be a sub as we can't afford to play 2. He's the best at what he does here because he has no competition whatsoever in his role.

Keep Bernard and possibly Vaulks as a backup too.

The rest can go.

Especially Windass.

Are you stupid by birth or do you work at it?

12 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Are you stupid by birth or do you work at it?

What makes you say that?

Why stick with an average player who needs his own formation to play.

This club will never progress if we have to tweak the plan and tactics every week to fit snowflake players in who are shite unless the entire team is built around them.

We have completely different teams for when he plays and when he doesn't. Same with Bannan. They get injured and we start from scratch again.

Then we complain because teams who make a plan then fit players into it are doing better than us.

Him being nesh in front of goal, and greedy with it is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Where would you put him in our team as it stands, based on the Millwall game? Who do you drop? Do we go back to 424? Who do you drop then? As the only one he's outperforming is Fletcher.

Windass needs to go.

@Tewksbury I think it was more around you saying we wouldn't be able to attract a younger creative midfielder and that Chansiri wouldn't pay for one while Bannan was here. 

It's disparaging towards the coaching team that they wouldn't be able to do that and Bannan is quite aware of his future position within the club. He's on record many times as saying he wants to finish his career here in whatever capacity 

4 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@Tewksbury I think it was more around you saying we wouldn't be able to attract a younger creative midfielder and that Chansiri wouldn't pay for one while Bannan was here. 

It's disparaging towards the coaching team that they wouldn't be able to do that and Bannan is quite aware of his future position within the club. He's on record many times as saying he wants to finish his career here in whatever capacity 

He highlighted the last line about Windass.

Maybe next season we may be able to get his replacement, if he's rushing his coaching badges, I expect that chats about his future happened.

Too much of our game is dictated by Bannan, set pieces, formation, even how fast we play.

Any decent young replacement is not going to want to sub under him, they're going to go wherever they'll get the starting position and we don't have space for 2 in the starting 11.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-barry-bannan-contract-4523253

My thoughts:

Would expect him to be offered reduced terms but still a very good player.

Hope Bernard can be tempted into signing for 2 or 3 years but suspect he sees his future elsewhere 

I expect Iorfa, Vaulks and Palmer to be offered new contracts too. Windass 50/50 - tidy player and we likely will offer a new deal but his injury record might make the terms offered unattractive to him.

Dawson will almost certainly leave.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

19 minutes ago, Snap said:

The big one for me is Bannan and how his exit is managed. He'll undoubtedly be taking a wage reduction next season and whatever is saved in that reduction ought to go towards getting a younger version of him in.

Palmer I expect will get a well deserved year as well although he'll be considerably easier to replace than Bannan and I'd expect him to be playing a similar role as this season, i.e. flitting between the bench and a  start. Wouldn't be surprised if he left for a 2 year deal though.

Windass will leave I expect and whilst I wouldn't be pleased to see the back of him I can't really say I'll be too bothered either. Just injured too much. Iorfa is another one, love him when he's playing, that burst of speed he has, has been invaluable at times but he's another, prone to having 2/3 months off with injury. Dawson I think will stay as well. I've been one of his biggest critics but I believe he's a decent number 2. We'll be in the hunt for a number 1 again, which could quite possibly be Beadle again but I wouldn't want us to be chasing 2 keepers in one window.

I'd be amazed if Dawson stayed to be an understudy. He'll be looking for a regular start somewhere at this stage in his career. 

Agree that we might well look to get Beadle back for another year

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Hope Bernard can be tempted into signing for 2 or 3 years but suspect he sees his future elsewhere 

He (or his agent) might see his future elsewhere but unless he wants to go to Turkey nobody appears to be keeping tabs on him. Apart from a few, pre Christmas, intermittent hits by a couple of independents only Antalyaspor seems to be regularly dipping into his full Opti reports. 

• Like 2

It’s a monstrous rebuild next summer regardless of our division. The ten replacements we thought we’d get this summer are still the same 10 next summer regardless of league.

Bannan gets a deal, but we need to be moving away from him. Vaulks has earned one. Palmer, again, has probably earned one. We need to get Ugbo and Poveda signed up, same for Beadle. Bernard is a must.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

He (or his agent) might see his future elsewhere but unless he wants to go to Turkey nobody appears to be keeping tabs on him. Apart from a few, pre Christmas, intermittent hits by a couple of independents only Antalyaspor seems to be regularly dipping into his full Opti reports. 

Thank you for that insight. Might be that playing for a relegation threatened club with a dodgy defensive record might be helping us here. He has flaws and is far from the finished article but is young and has potential to be a very good player at a higher level. 

15 hours ago, KrolMong said:

It’s a monstrous rebuild next summer regardless of our division. The ten replacements we thought we’d get this summer are still the same 10 next summer regardless of league.

Bannan gets a deal, but we need to be moving away from him. Vaulks has earned one. Palmer, again, has probably earned one. We need to get Ugbo and Poveda signed up, same for Beadle. Bernard is a must.

I can't see Brighton letting Beadle go KM unless it's for very good money.

20 hours ago, KrolMong said:

This.