Vasquez says ‘thanks’

3 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Thought he was the better keeper out the two of him & Dawson but clearly Rohl saw different in training.

I think Rohl wanted a better keeper than both of them and we couldn't get rid of Dawson so Vasquez was the one to miss out

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ty what’s your impressions of Beadle so far, I’m intrigued as to whether what you have seen suggests he’s better than what we have let go, particularly what he gives us tactically playing out from the back.

I know the lads had a difficult start but he doesn’t strike me as being any better with his feet (he’s kicked the ball out of play at least as much as Dawson) and his positioning seems a little but questionable. I’m not particularly criticising him for the goals conceded except for the 4th yesterday.

I have waited for someone else to start a talk about this. 

In my honest opinion, which will probably mean nothing to some people...

If Dawson had been in the net instead of Beadle in his first game, Dawson would have been slaughtered for his positioning and letting a goal in that went just over his head. 

If Dawson had Come rushing out of his area like Beadle has on a few occasions, again he would have been slaughtered.

Beadle's distribution is no better than Dawson's.

But funnily enough nothing gets said about Beadle.

I'm not saying he is bad, but I don't think he is any better than what we already had.

Personally I don't think Rohl or Beadle were expecting such a quick transition into the starting 11 but Dawson's injury has forced that. You look at his performances for Oxford (where he could still win their young player of the year award) and you see a confident and commanding keeper. 

But he'd had time with Oxford's fairly settled defence and they set up differently to us so he has to get used to the tempo of the Championship and our style of defence.

I thought he marshalled his defence well against Watford without having much to do and I'm not going to start picking his performance apart yesterday where the 10 players in front of him more or less capitulated after the first goal went in. 

He also had to deal with a complete change around in his back 4. Only Pol was in the same position as Wednesday night. Bernard was moved left to make way for Ihiekwe and Pederson was brand new. Goes back to the earlier point about Oxford's more settled defence. 

He might not be any better than Dawson but Dawson's not available and Charles wouldn't have done any better. I'll not pass judgement on him after one game with very little to do and another picking the ball out of the net 4 times where he's possibly only at fault for one. 

I'm more worried about what yesterday may have done to him and his youthfull confidence. It must be horrendous for a successful  young keeper to join a new club, play in a must win game, hardly see the ball, then finding it being run at you four times in thirteen minutes and being put past you every time. That bit of film of him diving all over,  whilst the git that scored was yanking his matador's cape out of the way, will haunt him if it gets further t.v. airing.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Personally I don't think Rohl or Beadle were expecting such a quick transition into the starting 11 but Dawson's injury has forced that. You look at his performances for Oxford (where he could still win their young player of the year award) and you see a confident and commanding keeper. 

But he'd had time with Oxford's fairly settled defence and they set up differently to us so he has to get used to the tempo of the Championship and our style of defence.

I thought he marshalled his defence well against Watford without having much to do and I'm not going to start picking his performance apart yesterday where the 10 players in front of him more or less capitulated after the first goal went in. 

He also had to deal with a complete change around in his back 4. Only Pol was in the same position as Wednesday night. Bernard was moved left to make way for Ihiekwe and Pederson was brand new. Goes back to the earlier point about Oxford's more settled defence. 

He might not be any better than Dawson but Dawson's not available and Charles wouldn't have done any better. I'll not pass judgement on him after one game with very little to do and another picking the ball out of the net 4 times where he's possibly only at fault for one. 

Fair comments. Let’s see how he develops and hopefully improves, given the changes in the defence etc won’t be helping.

My main question is his kicking and ability on the ball and yes it’s early days but so far he doesn’t seem to be much different to Dawson. As you point out it’s academic, if Dawson is injured as to whether he would have been thrown in straight away.