Dejphon Chansiri's glorious Owls v Pubehead tax dodging ****'s ICI heavy metal poison inflicted Boro

Andyben

Not a bad first half that. Their left side of defence, and especially Engel, are poor.

Can’t get complacent second half though. That defensive high line could easily be exploited if they manage to slide a pass through, so we need to concentrate.

First half just seemed a bit easy to me - and I think that’s as much to do with them being really poor as it is us finally clicking into gear. But I’ll happily take it! More of the same second half please! 

12 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

I actually think there is a core of players in the squad who are not as bad as results suggest, they are shot of confidence already and not sure Munoz has anyclue wtf he is actually doing. 

Really?

are you a tennis ball lobber too?

The basic footballing skills of some of our players leaves a lot to be desired. How one decent bit of play can be immediately undone by crossing it into the Kop, that clearance at the end when you have time puts us under pressure with a free kick.

One positive was Valentin, not difficult to be MoM amongst that lot.

At least its a point but still not much to suggest that we have the quality to avoid relegation 

2 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

No.. why do you ask? Bit unnecessary

Because I thought that  was a better performance than the Ipswich game that’s all you can ask at this minute, you seem super critical when clearly it’s improved a bit.

Valentin had a blinder some of his wing work was brilliant in the first half and really our strikers should be attacking the ball more.

still look a nervous side though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Seen enough to think we may be approaching the corner, if not quite ready to turn it, yet.

I mean apart from Boro were as poor as us and as devoid of confidence too.

Our midfield is piss poor and there is no strike force to cause issues 

There was at least a semblance of a style of play, but its all far too slow and predictable.

And better sides will carve through us far too easily 

That performance offers some reason for hope.  The biggest question after Saturdays utter shit show was how on earth are we going to create chances?  That at least got answered tonight. Yes, there are a stack of other question marks about this squad. There were decent balls into the box that didn’t really get attacked.  There were periods of defensive panic.  There were some bloody awful decisions by midfielders.  Yes we know.  But, unlike Saturday, we didn’t look like a side that will be lucky to get 20 points.

4 minutes ago, Winco said:

Because I thought that  was a better performance than the Ipswich game that’s all you can ask at this minute, you seem super critical when clearly it’s improved a bit.

Valentin had a blinder some of his wing work was brilliant in the first half and really our strikers should be attacking the ball more.

still look a nervous side though.

Tbh it was 5% better - but I personally fail to see where adequate quality is. Far too many weak links all around the pitch 

That was fucking abysmal.

Boro’ shit themselves first half and then realised we were awful and tore into us second half.

We ran out of legs, we didn’t look fit, the changes were bad. Not acceptable.

We are an absolute country mile of being Championship quality. We aren’t mobile enough, agressive enough and we don’t carry any sort of goal threat.

• Thanks 1

Just now, owl71 said:

That performance offers some reason for hope.  The biggest question after Saturdays utter shit show was how on earth are we going to create chances?  That at least got answered tonight. Yes, there are a stack of other question marks about this squad. There were decent balls into the box that didn’t really get attacked.  There were periods of defensive panic.  There were some bloody awful decisions by midfielders.  Yes we know.  But, unlike Saturday, we didn’t look like a side that will be lucky to get 20 points.

I can't see how we are going to win games - it's going to be a constant struggle to score goals. It was a good goal, Byers should have scored, but beyond that ?

At the same time the defence and keeper have a mistake in them

And when midfield does lose control then the opposition create way too many chances. We were fortunate that their final ball was as bad as ours 

But it's more I can't see how much we can up it quality wise. I just think it's a very average group of players

My issue is how easily we don’t keep the ball,  but also how we are awful at getting the ball back. At times we are so focussed on shape that we forget that shape is there to retrieve possession. Boro’ ran the show second half.

We are an absolute mile off this division, both tactically and personnel.