HMS Piss the League…

Go on then, what’s everyone thinking for this season?

Long odds for autos seems right, as things stand with the squad although we’ve started to see some good business.

Fairly long odds for playoffs, it’s going to be very competitive, but not necessarily high quality. There are a god 10-12 clubs that can make a good case for the playoffs and have squads you’d think ‘on paper’ are better than ours. However I do think there is a strong team ethic amongst this group, which could carry us a long way with that additions and a bit of luck with injuries.

There don’t appear to be many lame ducks in the league, even if some won’t have the biggest wages, ie mini pigs.

Im going to say we finish mid table (12-16), after a slightly stuttering but gradually improving start.

If injuries don’t ravage us, maybe a decent FA Cup run to say 5/6th round, always subject to the draw of course.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

I'm going 15th at xmas and will take that. A play off push can happen fairly easily in the championship from there. BUT our aim IMO should be solid in this league and go from there. We ain't anyway near ready to creep up via the playoffs, just unrealistic.

We need a bit of time to judge what we’re capable of. These new additions need time to bed in, Xisco is still getting our established squad members into his way of thinking/playing.

I’d love to see us capable of pushing the top 6, but right now it’s impossible to say for sure if we’re near that.

It’s difficult to say right now because we have some glaring holes in the squad that need filling before the end of August.

If you were to ask me now, I’d say bottom 6. Not enough pace and power to play on the counter, and not enough players with craft and guile to go to a total football set-up. Which means ale house.

But, if Xisco can get some athletes into the club, and some real pace. Then I think we can finish comfortably in the middle third and maybe creep towards top 10.

This is going to be a tough division based on what has come down. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KrolMong said:

It’s difficult to say right now because we have some glaring holes in the squad that need filling before the end of August.

If you were to ask me now, I’d say bottom 6. Not enough pace and power to play on the counter, and not enough players with craft and guile to go to a total football set-up. Which means ale house.

But, if Xisco can get some athletes into the club, and some real pace. Then I think we can finish comfortably in the middle third and maybe creep towards top 10.

This is going to be a tough division based on what has come down. 

Agree with all of that, although top 10 might be a stretch too far for us given our budget and our usual luck with injuries.

Then again, Luton and Coventry both did well last season, although with the teams coming up from League 1 this time and those relegated from the PL, I’d say this season’s Championship is stronger than last year’s.

Just want it all to get under way now as I hate the closed season.