Coughlan

Reesh

My lasting memory of Coughlan is him taking a nasty blow to the head at a home game, think it was an evening match. Went off for treatment, stumbled about a bit and tried to come back on but was all over the shop, had to be dragged off - he was all for carrying on. 

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I liked Cocko, put his head in wherever it hurts, didn't care. Did what he could for the team. 

Another one of those limited in skill but more than made up for it in application. 

Agree. He was a warrior and we’ve lacked a fair few over the years. Didn’t he lose some teeth once for us or did he boot deon burton and he lost some teeth? 

9 hours ago, Wawaw said:

Agree. He was a warrior and we’ve lacked a fair few over the years. Didn’t he lose some teeth once for us or did he boot deon burton and he lost some teeth? 

Dunno about teeth but I remember him picking up a nasty injury against Sunderland and tried to carry on.

Eventually got taken off I think and we ended up with one defender playing that day. Whelan, Brunt and Wade Small I think ended up playing as defenders.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Dunno about teeth but I remember him picking up a nasty injury against Sunderland and tried to carry on.

Eventually got taken off I think and we ended up with one defender playing that day. Whelan, Brunt and Wade Small I think ended up playing as defenders.

Wow yeah can remember that. We were at home wasn’t we 

Good coach and I'd have him at the club, if the chance arose, but possibly not such a great man manager. 

Had Bristol Rovers flying in the top 6 but thought they'd taken their foot off the pedal, losing 2-0 at half time to Southend, so threatened to cancel Christmas in his half time team talk.  They won 4-2 but some players complained to the board and they suggested, in no uncertain terms, he'd be better off talking to Mansfield about their managerial vacancy. Never got a proper chance at Mansfield as players talked and he couldn't shake that incident. 

Did well back as a coach with the pigs 23s and was thought of for the Donny job before Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Good coach and I'd have him at the club, if the chance arose, but possibly not such a great man manager. 

Had Bristol Rovers flying in the top 6 but thought they'd taken their foot off the pedal, losing 2-0 at half time to Southend, so threatened to cancel Christmas in his half time team talk.  They won 4-2 but some players complained to the board and they suggested, in no uncertain terms, he'd be better off talking to Mansfield about their managerial vacancy. Never got a proper chance at Mansfield as players talked and he couldn't shake that incident. 

Did well back as a coach with the pigs 23s and was thought of for the Donny job before Christmas. 

He took the Mansfield job cos he wanted to closer to home. 

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

He took the Mansfield job cos he wanted to closer to home. 

That was the official story spun by Rovers and he didn't go against it but their board had previously turned down two approaches from Mansfield and basically told them to do one. Next thing, players are crying and he's told to speak to Mansfield. Rovers didn't pick up a 'transfer' fee for his move which would suggest he wasn't the one pushing for the move back home.