Reading charged…

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

There’s quite a bit of chatter that Reading will be in administration within a week. 

Remember how reading were owned by a Thai family and their fans got all pissy with the owner and so he sold them to the first bloke he could find?

Fucking hate our fans 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Grow up. I don’t know them. They’ve also gone away because Rev threatened to expose them.

What actually happened is the other TUF link at Reading got outside investment as he wasn’t prepared to fund further, it materialised to a full take over and only now are the Reading fans are protesting 

The other salutary lesson, as mentioned previously, came when Mandaric wanted out and tried to sell us to Mamadov. He disappeared (into jail?) in Azerbaijan (Land of fire) just in time to save us from doom.  At which point (I read) Doyen Sports introduced DC to M.M.   I wonder if it was Doyen who'd also proposed Mamadov?  We are, of course, told that DC's advisor doesn't work for Doyen now.   

@Owling_Wolf

I've been told roughly the same story by several people and although it's a bit convoluted I'll try and get it to make sense. 

Doyen entered into a partnership with AC Milan to find a new owner and contacted Mammadov as they were already in each others pockets due to Mammadov's ownership of Lens and Baku and also heavily backing Atletico Madrid. Negotiations were just starting when we come into the picture. Mandaric gets introduced to Doyen via an intermediary in Malta. Doyen see this as a massive opportunity as they have zero foothold in English football due to the FAs stance on 3rd party player ownership. That could possibly be circumvented if they 'owned' their own club with a front man. This is basically what had gone off at Atletico and a couple of Portuguese clubs. 

Mammadov was persuaded to switch to us as the PL money was infinitely better than Serie A but it all fell through when the Mammadov family had all their assets frozen by the Azerbaijani government. 

Doyen still have to find AC a buyer and approach a Thai business consortium fronted by Bee Taechaubol. It's believed, though never confirmed, that Chansiri was part of that consortium. The next part is pure conjecture. Doyen still have sights set on us so persuade Chansiri to separate and buy us. Their idea has evolved though as they now see Wednesday as a place to 'park' certain players on high wages and also put players in the shop window for future sales. For Doyen it's win win win. They pick up commission on the sale and the purchase. They pick up finders fees for players and agent fees and club fees on each transfer. 

Sale goes through and Doyen leave in place a football advisor, in Carlos, and a personal advisor in Paixao. It goes a bit pear shaped when Carlos becomes the manager but you look at the transfer dealings and how many were Doyen linked in those first two years. They also pick off the cream of the academy including young Hirst. 

It only goes tits up when the journalistic heat starts to come down heavy on Doyen's business practices and they fragment the company to avoid the scrutiny. Must caveat here that none of it was deemed illegal. As to their links with us, it probably ceases the moment FFP starts to bite and we look like we'll never get to the PL. 

Paixao doesn't work for Doyen Sports because technically it doesn't exist. People are asking the wrong question as the 'scouting network' is still there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

@Owling_Wolf

I've been told roughly the same story by several people and although it's a bit convoluted I'll try and get it to make sense. 

Doyen entered into a partnership with AC Milan to find a new owner and contacted Mammadov as they were already in each others pockets due to Mammadov's ownership of Lens and Baku and also heavily backing Atletico Madrid. Negotiations were just starting when we come into the picture. Mandaric gets introduced to Doyen via an intermediary in Malta. Doyen see this as a massive opportunity as they have zero foothold in English football due to the FAs stance on 3rd party player ownership. That could possibly be circumvented if they 'owned' their own club with a front man. This is basically what had gone off at Atletico and a couple of Portuguese clubs. 

Mammadov was persuaded to switch to us as the PL money was infinitely better than Serie A but it all fell through when the Mammadov family had all their assets frozen by the Azerbaijani government. 

Doyen still have to find AC a buyer and approach a Thai business consortium fronted by Bee Taechaubol. It's believed, though never confirmed, that Chansiri was part of that consortium. The next part is pure conjecture. Doyen still have sights set on us so persuade Chansiri to separate and buy us. Their idea has evolved though as they now see Wednesday as a place to 'park' certain players on high wages and also put players in the shop window for future sales. For Doyen it's win win win. They pick up commission on the sale and the purchase. They pick up finders fees for players and agent fees and club fees on each transfer. 

Sale goes through and Doyen leave in place a football advisor, in Carlos, and a personal advisor in Paixao. It goes a bit pear shaped when Carlos becomes the manager but you look at the transfer dealings and how many were Doyen linked in those first two years. They also pick off the cream of the academy including young Hirst. 

It only goes tits up when the journalistic heat starts to come down heavy on Doyen's business practices and they fragment the company to avoid the scrutiny. Must caveat here that none of it was deemed illegal. As to their links with us, it probably ceases the moment FFP starts to bite and we look like we'll never get to the PL. 

Paixao doesn't work for Doyen Sports because technically it doesn't exist. People are asking the wrong question as the 'scouting network' is still there. 

I was aware he doesn't work for them. However, in his rôle of personal advisor to DC, when the club / new head coach needed multiple players with no time to lose, well perhaps he (and DC?) thought they knew some people that had a history of being helpful in that area once or twice before.  All speculation on my part about this, of course, but it just seemed so reminiscent of the Carlos era, albeit rather cheaper looking this time.  (And crapper, generally.)  Didn't somebody even say the same thing about having two senior players for every position again recently?

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I was aware he doesn't work for them. However, in his rôle of personal advisor to DC, when the club / new head coach needed multiple players with no time to lose, well perhaps he (and DC?) thought they knew some people that had a history of being helpful in that area once or twice before.  All speculation on my part about this, of course, but it just seemed so reminiscent of the Carlos era, albeit rather cheaper looking this time.  (And crapper, generally.)  Didn't somebody even say the same thing about having two senior players for every position again recently?

It has felt a little like the Carlos era, and I might have even said something similar. Paxiao is still involved with us, indirectly if you just go by the list of club staff as being directly involved. DC has said just as much that his advisors are the same.

On 10/10/2023 at 11:48, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Grow up. I don’t know them. They’ve also gone away because Rev threatened to expose them.

What actually happened is the other TUF link at Reading got outside investment as he wasn’t prepared to fund further, it materialised to a full take over and only now are the Reading fans are protesting 

Or gone away because DC said to Shaw, show us your money?

Too much of a coincidence that he's tyre kicking and local hacks are all o'er him. We've had other issue with DC but nothing.  DM (who let's be honest could've been sacked many times and would've been near the sack now if he'd stayed) walks and all of a sudden DC is the devil incarnate.

Summat stinks about 1867 group and I'm not buying it. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Or gone away because DC said to Shaw, show us your money?

Too much of a coincidence that he's tyre kicking and local hacks are all o'er him. We've had other issue with DC but nothing.  DM (who let's be honest could've been sacked many times and would've been near the sack now if he'd stayed) walks and all of a sudden DC is the devil incarnate.

Summat stinks about 1867 group and I'm not buying it. 

Completely agree, Ozzie, though the walk-up prices triggered lots of folks to support them, at least online. 

5 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Completely agree, Ozzie, though the walk-up prices triggered lots of folks to support them, at least online. 

Let's see how their support goes when Chansiri cites these protests and dissatisfaction with walk up prices as the reason he puts up or limits in some way earlybird tickets.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It now begs the question whether the EFL or perhaps better an independent regulator are given the power to strip the legal entity and its ultimate owner of the golden share of membership of the league 

I mean it's a legal nightmare over employment rules and other commercial arrangements but football clubs can't be held hostage like this 

12 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

That statement is shocking, basically the EFL are admitting that as their sanctions haven't worked, then they aren't going to levy any more so basically fans and owner can do what they want...

It says about another 50k fine and deciding on what other sanctions might be applied to the current owner.

Not sure how you reached your conclusion based on that statement 🤔

38 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It says about another 50k fine and deciding on what other sanctions might be applied to the current owner.

Not sure how you reached your conclusion based on that statement 🤔

They've had to levy the £50k as it was already mandated, but they won't give any more fines because he's simply not paying them. 

There was a pitch invasion Saturday that got the came abandoned. The club hasn't been sanctioned and the statement suggests they might not be. Any other club would be playing matches behind closed doors, but they haven't even been charged.

Let's be honest, they're shitting themselves as it's not going to take long for fingers to get pointed at them as they deemed him fit and proper when he is clearly anything but. The worst part of all of it is that they haven't learned a fucking thing as they offer to rush through the fit and proper checks for the next chancer who fancies having a go.

In your post on the Everton thread you advocate an even handed approach, be nice if we could get one here too...

Edited by Otto_Man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

They've had to levy the £50k as it was already mandated, but they won't give any more fines because he's simply not paying them. 

There was a pitch invasion Saturday that got the came abandoned. The club hasn't been sanctioned and the statement suggests they might not be. Any other club would be playing matches behind closed doors, but they haven't even been charged.

Let's be honest, they're shitting themselves as it's not going to take long for fingers to get pointed at them as they deemed him fit and proper when he is clearly anything but. The worst part of all of it is that they haven't learned a fucking thing as they offer to rush through the fit and proper checks for the next chancer who fancies having a go.

In your post on the Everton thread you advocate an even handed approach, be nice if we could get one here too...

I probably concur with your view that they don't really know how to handle this.

And with good reason in many ways. Do you want to impart punishments that ultimately just affect the supporters. But can you let owners act with impunity and drag the Clubs down anyway or cheat their way to promotion

Do any of us know the solution 

• Like 1

Another thing that worries me is that several of our hard of thinking last night were barking on Twitter that what they did on Saturday is what we should be doing too. But our "happy clappers" won't agree. Bla bla bla.  

A few brave souls pointing out how punishments would be likely to affect our club this season went down like a lead balloon.  "Short term pain, long term gain."

(All paraphrased.)  

White and Jordan, this morning, had a spokesperson on from the group that organised the pitch invasion. He came across very articulated with what was obviously a pre planned statement like answer. Then Jordan got into him. 

Where was the worry when the owner was spending his £240m? Where was the owner out chants when you were sat in the championship top 6? Why have you only started this when the money dried up? 

He did slate Reading's ownership for the lack of communication and that there doesn't seem to be an exit strategy but also pointed out that October's winding up was dealt with so someone is still putting money in from somewhere. 

Jordan also said that fan expectations is one of the reasons he never went back into football. He failed to mention the financial aspect of it. 

8 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Another thing that worries me is that several of our hard of thinking last night were barking on Twitter that what they did on Saturday is what we should be doing too. But our "happy clappers" won't agree. Bla bla bla.  

A few brave souls pointing out how punishments would be likely to affect our club this season went down like a lead balloon.  "Short term pain, long term gain."

(All paraphrased.)  

Said it a million times. 
Not wanting to disrupt the game, doesn’t mean you’re a happy clapper or a supporter of the owner. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

White and Jordan, this morning, had a spokesperson on from the group that organised the pitch invasion. He came across very articulated with what was obviously a pre planned statement like answer. Then Jordan got into him. 

Where was the worry when the owner was spending his £240m? Where was the owner out chants when you were sat in the championship top 6? Why have you only started this when the money dried up? 

He did slate Reading's ownership for the lack of communication and that there doesn't seem to be an exit strategy but also pointed out that October's winding up was dealt with so someone is still putting money in from somewhere. 

Jordan also said that fan expectations is one of the reasons he never went back into football. He failed to mention the financial aspect of it. 

That is football and as we equally know those off field issues are left below the surface when the results on the pitch are going OK.

But White is making his comment with a large dollop of hindsight as well. You could equally ask if you knew this boom was going to be followed by a bust how would you have reacted.

I mean do you take 2 x failed promotion play off attempts in the Championship for 2 seasons meandering under the threat of a points deduction, a relegation, play off angst, play off joy and a current season that statistically we are likely to go down, with the omnipresent risk of your owner threatening to throw toys out the pram.

I grant you its not dull, but I am not going to criticise the Reading fans for being genuinely worried their club could go under. 

That was my driving force to get involved in 2010. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

That is football and as we equally know those off field issues are left below the surface when the results on the pitch are going OK.

But White is making his comment with a large dollop of hindsight as well. You could equally ask if you knew this boom was going to be followed by a bust how would you have reacted.

I mean do you take 2 x failed promotion play off attempts in the Championship for 2 seasons meandering under the threat of a points deduction, a relegation, play off angst, play off joy and a current season that statistically we are likely to go down, with the omnipresent risk of your owner threatening to throw toys out the pram.

I grant you its not dull, but I am not going to criticise the Reading fans for being genuinely worried their club could go under. 

That was my driving force to get involved in 2010. 

It's not all about you Kev, don't make every post an anecdote 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...