A 'deep dive' into Wednesday...

A good read that highlights nothing non of us don’t know - but may struggle to recall.

I think the best part is the linkage of Stockdale under cosh quote about needing players to handle the expectations that come with us, especially after failed 1 year return the season before. 

This links the age / experience / pressure / expiring contract debates we’ve had through the season especially when the wheels were coming off!

The wages comparison of league 1 dominance to possible the 16th largest in the championship are interesting as we spent less on transfer fees these last 2 season we clearly ramped up wages to reward older professionals.

Playing for Luton is not the same as playing for Wednesday is the simple fact! Expectations levels are far far lower - rightly or wrongly - the idea we can replicate just because is hard to see today.

Looking forward to the incoming transfers. 

13 hours ago, Reesh said:

The deep dive forgot we paid a fee for Bakinson 

Now seems to have remembered...

I dislike how articles such as these focus on outgoings without looking at income generated. E.g. We spent the most wages, but had the most fans

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Now seems to have remembered...

I dislike how articles such as these focus on outgoings without looking at income generated. E.g. We spent the most wages, but had the most fans

After Derby and Ipswich