Darren Moore is king

Who isn’t disappointed at the fact we aren’t going up via autos after we were looking so good after the win at Portsmouth.

However, the records set suggest something has gone well even if two other clubs have done better. Some will cite the style of football and yes I want to smash teams 6-0 like Ipswich did yesterday. I’ll counter that with, how many times have we seen pragmatic football win promotion over flair but lose and what about clubs raising their game and yes maybe the same happens to Ipswich, Derby etc causing a more energy sapping game than some appreciate. Btw I’m not defending us dropping out of the top two, it’s more about recognition that this is a marathon and shit will happen.

I wonder if DM regrets letting Myton go back at Christmas, although tbh at the time I couldn’t care less, but he did have a bit of pace and a trick even if 9/10 of the time no end product.

The last game is a real quandary. Protect our best players or not, keep them playing so they are not rusty, beat Derby so they are less likely to be in the playoffs but show our hand in how we will play them etc etc. I suspect even if we did beat Derby we could be playing them anyway. I just can’t see Pboro beating Barnsley. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, I just think Barnsley won’t ease up. 
So if we don’t beat Derby what will it do to the mentality of both set of players and also both set of fans, ie will it make our fans even more pessimistic. I think this was a factor back when we lost to Arsenal in 93, ie a feeling of, they beaten us once it’s probably going to happen again.

Anyway, it’s only a game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Who isn’t disappointed at the fact we aren’t going up via autos after we were looking so good after the win at Portsmouth.

However, the records set suggest something has gone well even if two other clubs have done better. Some will cite the style of football and yes I want to smash teams 6-0 like Ipswich did yesterday. I’ll counter that with, how many times have we seen pragmatic football win promotion over flair but lose and what about clubs raising their game and yes maybe the same happens to Ipswich, Derby etc causing a more energy sapping game than some appreciate. Btw I’m not defending us dropping out of the top two, it’s more about recognition that this is a marathon and shit will happen.

I wonder if DM regrets letting Myton go back at Christmas, although tbh at the time I couldn’t care less, but he did have a bit of pace and a trick even if 9/10 of the time no end product.

The last game is a real quandary. Protect our best players or not, keep them playing so they are not rusty, beat Derby so they are less likely to be in the playoffs but show our hand in how we will play them etc etc. I suspect even if we did beat Derby we could be playing them anyway. I just can’t see Pboro beating Barnsley. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, I just think Barnsley won’t ease up. 
So if we don’t beat Derby what will it do to the mentality of both set of players and also both set of fans, ie will it make our fans even more pessimistic. I think this was a factor back when we lost to Arsenal in 93, ie a feeling of, they beaten us once it’s probably going to happen again.

Didn't we beat Arsenal in the last league game of that campaign?

13 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I want us to beat everyone, in every game. The only thing that's making me think is our awful record of injuries this season to key players. 

Re Arsenal.... After we lost the League Cup final, I was gutted... But thought.... We'll win the next one. Suppose we did... That league game before the FA Cup final.