Let’s have no FAC-Up in the 4th round

12 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Only one problem there: Windass is our main source of goals. 

I am saying play him around one other striker 

Just not seen any evidence that it really works with him and 2 others. it leaves us weak in the midfield area which compromises us attacking wise and leaves the defence to sort out any other issues - which long may they continue but we cannot rely on that for the next 20 odd games 

It’s got to be Smith/Gregory/Paterson with Windass/Wilkes

I happen to think it’s an area of the pitch we haven’t quite got right. There is no ‘hang your hat on them’ striker in there.

I also wouldn’t play Windass in that midfield three either. His game in that position is about his runs from deep, but he’s not overly disciplined when we don’t have the ball.

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

It’s got to be Smith/Gregory/Paterson with Windass/Wilkes

I happen to think it’s an area of the pitch we haven’t quite got right. There is no ‘hang your hat on them’ striker in there.

I also wouldn’t play Windass in that midfield three either. His game in that position is about his runs from deep, but he’s not overly disciplined when we don’t have the ball.

Tbf to Windass he's tracked back quite a bit and worked harder off ball than I thought he would.

I think one of his best spells with us was when he played upfront on his own under Pulis. I wouldn't recommend we go back to that but fir me it's him upfront with whoever