Prayers and thoughts for Tylluan

Reesh

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

It does amuse me at how furious the Madrid fans were at him when, as that video shows his best bits were chuffing outstanding.

However. I know we’d have been pissed off if one of our lot said they’d prefer playing golf ahead of us!

Just think back to Gilles De Bilde.

I think I’d still be tempted to give him a slap even if I bumped into him today, over 20 years since he left.

Even though he’d probably kick my head in! 😂

Just now, Bellsview said:

Just think back to Gilles De Bilde.

I think I’d still be tempted to give him a slap even if I bumped into him today, over 20 years since he left.

Even though he’d probably kick my head in! 😂

Yeah, I know what you mean. Any player admitting they'd rather be elsewhere is a poisonous prospect. 

However, comparing Bale and De Bilde is something I'd never thought I'd read! HAHAHA

24 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

You're comparing apples and oranges as De Bilde did little of note for us, whereas Bale practically won a champions league final single handedly (as well as scoring a shit ton of goals) for Madrid and they fucking hated him for it

They didn’t hate him for his goals… they hated him for everything else off the pitch.

Not speaking Spanish (which is bollocks), taking his comments re Golf / Wales absolutely literally. But, I’d get him putting his country first.. not Golf.

However, he is summat like 500/1 to win the Masters now he’s retired from football I heard.

🤣🤣🤣

Bale was made the scapegoat by various club presidents after it was revealed how much he was earning while not being picked. Calderon blamed everything wrong with Madrid on Bale's wages even though there were players earning more. Zidane played the popularity game while he was manager and didn't pick him much as the fans had been turned. He and his whole family learned Spanish. He's fluent enough to have been Courtois' unofficial interpreter when he arrived from Chelsea. He never missed a training session, when he was declared fit, he was asked to attend. Injuries did play a part in him missing games but he still scored just over 1 in 2 while at Madrid. 

He didn't help himself with the Wales, Golf, Madrid t-shirt but his main golfing buddy was Modric and he never received a murmur about his off field activities.