Newer bands or bands you've recently discovered...

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Never joined Spotify.  I went to but was put off by only being able to skip so many.

What do folks think: worth the hassle or not? 

Yes. It's worth it.

I usually check dance  music sites on a Friday for new stuff and read reviews and 90% of the time they're now released on Spotify.

Year ago it was 60% so definitely improving.

Liking the Wet Leg album, bit different to other stuff around at present.

In response to Owling I was a bit of a Spotify refusnik to start with. Got persuaded by the daughter a few years back to go for the family bundle of 15 quid a month. Now its fair to say I get my moneys worth.

Premium is worth paying so you control the playlist. But also the linked stuff playlists, so if you like an artist here is similar things.

Thanks to Andy on here, I picked up some of the electronica / dance playlists. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2022 at 22:12, Owling_Wolf said:

Saw these in the back room of the Greystones on Thursday Night, the former Highcliff.  Another great little venue.  The framed poster in the gents showed that they've 15 live bands on in May.  Cracking beer, too.  

They played with their touring band last night: first night of their first ever tour as bill toppers.  She plays electric mandolin and electric violin; he plays any kind of guitar, even one made from a cigar box.  Finally, when she really lets go she has an enormous voice, especially for such a small lass.  They went down an absolute storm last night: caused me to buy their latest album.   😮

She looks a reyt mucky devil 

7 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

She came singing and dancing  through the packed crowd at one point and slowly wriggled right past me. Let's just say I'm not going to Heaven any more!  😇    ⬇️     👿    

Young enough to be your granddaughter 

spacer.png 

Edited by Reesh

On 06/05/2022 at 13:21, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Just given a young lad called Andrew Cushin a listen - sounds a better version of Sam Fender and Ed Fookin Sheeran although thats not too difficult. 

He was briefly on Newcastle's books when he was a kid, as a goalkeeper. Noel Gallagher 'found' him and plays the guitar solo on Where's My Family Gone. Also co-produced the new EP. He's doing a few support gigs with Pete Doherty as well as his own tour

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

He was briefly on Newcastle's books when he was a kid, as a goalkeeper. Noel Gallagher 'found' him and plays the guitar solo on Where's My Family Gone. Also co-produced the new EP. He's doing a few support gigs with Pete Doherty as well as his own tour

Said to my lad that song sounded like Noel Gallagher so makes sense. 

Playing Leadmill in October - only £11 so think will get a ticket before he becomes big.

• 3 months later...

I saw these recently at Stonedead Festival and absolutely loved this great song.  Never heard them before: they were due to play there last year but Covid meant they had to pull out.  I've since done my homework and downloaded their latest album. Tell you what: in the age of AOR on MTV they'd have been huge with stuff like this...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...