Alternative Boxing Day

So yesterday I went to see Blunts V Cov. My son in law and future son in law are both from Cov and watch them. completely unexpected that I’d have two son in laws from Cov.

Anyway, as to yesterday a complete sell-out apparently, well Cov sold their allocation. So promised to be a good atmosphere. As you’d expect the away fans were singing. However the blunts were VERY quiet. It was only when they went 3-0 up they really sang very much and mostly their singing was aimed at taunting Cov, that is until Cov scored and Egan got sent off, then they were quiet again. All the Cov fans were commenting on how quiet the home fans were, more than a few renditions of #footballinalibrary. 
Considering they are 2nd and doing well it was very quiet. I know I and others have commented on how quiet it’s been at times at Hillsborough, maybe I’ve been too harsh compared to what I witnessed yesterday.

As for the football, Covs chances took a massive dip early on when Callum Ohare went off injured, up to that point it was pretty even. The blunts otherwise were fairly comfortable even though they had a few scares, eg conceding a pen at 1-0 and getting a man sent off with plenty of time left on the clock. Overall I have to report they look like a team that could/should make the playoffs and could get an auto spot. The only potential glimmer of hope (for us) being the squad looks a bit thin and maybe their forwards are either inexperienced or not that amazing (in my view).

We certainly need a promotion to offset (a little) the potential situation of them getting promoted 🙂

12 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Maybe the silence at two grounds in our city is that we’re just fed up of what we’re being served up?

The other noticeable thing was the singing of the stupid butty song was half hearted and seemed to last only a few seconds.

I know it’s hard to compare it to when we play them but the home fans seemed really bored compared to what we’ve all experienced down the years at that place.

3 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

The other noticeable thing was the singing of the stupid butty song was half hearted and seemed to last only a few seconds.

I know it’s hard to compare it to when we play them but the home fans seemed really bored compared to what we’ve all experienced down the years at that place.

There’s the key. You can’t compare the atmosphere compared to a derby.

On 27/12/2022 at 20:53, Billysboy said:

Blackburn 3rd, lost 11, 0 GD, its absolute wank that league this season.

Agreed mate.

8 points between 5th and 21st. I suppose that means it's competitive. Honestly if we go up we can compete. The bad news obviously is that the blunts have a decent points gap in their favour for autos