Strikers we ‘could target’

HoylandOwl

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I wasn’t expecting much, wanted him to prove me wrong. He hasn’t so far!

Not been impressed so far. He seems to want to out muscle his defender every time he gets it. Tbf to him I think he scored most of his goals coming in off right wing. I'm not sure where he fits in with our system 

There's zero point in targeting a striker when we fuck and fanny about in our build up play.  Fletcher, Rhodes, Gregory, Smith - all starved of service and any meaningful cross to meet. 

A 20 goal a season striker would get 4 for Wednesday. We'll then fuck them off and guess what will happen? 

The issue over the last few games is there is no flow to our attacking play. John Pearson made a good point in commentary on Saturday about "describe what is a typical Wednesday goal at present" 

There were glimpses in the 2 goals v Mansfield of what we are good at. And that style can create goals from corners or semi clearances.

1 hour ago, owl71 said:

Based on the long term injuries we’ve got, and the lack of creativity in recent matches, strikers would not be top of my list of January targets tbh.

So if we go for another creative midfielder where does that leave Bannan? Where would FDB fit into the midfield equation?

The system is stifling the forwards and that's why it looks like a lack of creativity. We could bring in Griezmann as an attacking midfielder and he'd struggle with our going through the phases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

So if we go for another creative midfielder where does that leave Bannan? Where would FDB fit into the midfield equation?

The system is stifling the forwards and that's why it looks like a lack of creativity. We could bring in Griezmann as an attacking midfielder and he'd struggle with our going through the phases

Suppose it depends how injured Bannan is if we went for an attacking midfielder.

My first transfer target in January is another midfielder like Byers.  Our only really convincing runs of form in this league have come with him in central midfield, and he keeps getting injured.  The shape of the midfield is different with FDB, he plays further forward than Byers, and as a result Bannan ends up contesting the central midfield area, rather than pulling the strings further forward.  I think Fizz maybe really wants to be an outside right, or whatever the fuck we’re supposed to call the wide forward in a 4-3-3.  The pieces of the jigsaw seem to fit better with Byers in the starting eleven.

Second target is another hard bastard in defence due to injuries to Ihekwe and Heneghan.