Bailey Cadamateri

Hirst and Cadamarteri are two different scenarios. Hirst was coming through when we had a manager who wouldn't promote from the youth set up in a month of Sundays. Young George also took Doyen's coin so had to listen to their advice. At the time of his departure he would have been fifth choice at best. Both Peterborough and Rotherham wanted him on loan but both fell through for various reasons.  Cadamarteri is showing all the right signs at a time when the club has a set up that looks geared to promoting the right youth players. Players have gone out on significant loans to see if they're worthy of being kept on. The u23s have been thinned out in order to accommodate the potentially better U18s and enhance their education. 

I just wish we'd be more farsighted and sort out long term professional contracts for the U18s we think have a chance. It won't stop clubs sniffing but it would sho the player we're serious and he has more chance of making a career here instead of being shown the door by Man City three years later. 

8 hours ago, Andyben said:

I remember reading some big clubs were looking at him in the old site, hopefully somewhere between the two and he makes  normal progression to the first team

Wet Spam I think were said to be after him.

Edited by HoylandOwl

I've only seen clips of him on YouTube, hardly decisive I know, but he looks like physically he can handle himself. Appreciate same could be said of Hirst at similar age group. I wonder if he might get on bench for maybe last game if its a dead rubber or is he still a long way off, which would be understandable 

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I've only seen clips of him on YouTube, hardly decisive I know, but he looks like physically he can handle himself. Appreciate same could be said of Hirst at similar age group. I wonder if he might get on bench for maybe last game if its a dead rubber or is he still a long way off, which would be understandable 

Only seen clips such as this of him but he seems far more physically stronger than hirst at the same age.

3 hours ago, Supercockle said:

What a strike 

Waldock won't have any problems getting another club but it may depend on how low he wants to drop. As I said on the other site, I think Bullen, if he's still in a job, will try and sign some of the released 23s but would you go there to try and kickstart your first team career or try your luck at a National or National North club