Will the knives be out if we don't beat Stanley - Match thread

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

For the kick to come? 

Looking at the list of problems posted after Wednesday, our team today could be interesting. Let's hope he was exaggerating. 

Glad to see we were. Delighted to see Fizz playing after the previous injury talk. No sign of Byers or Palmer, though.

Edited by Owling_Wolf

Some folks on social media and a particular Facebook page are going on about Windass being mardy for his reaction when he went off.

What do they fkin want? Him to sing oh happy day when he’s taken off and not give a shit about playing his part?

He made his pro debut for them IIRC, wanted to impress, wants to help us get promoted and succeed. So I’d expect him to be annoyed to be subbed, or annoyed at his performance, whatever it may be. It’s not faux ‘Pashtun’. 

Some folks need to give their head a wobble. 

We showed a bit of everything today. There were moments of quality when Bannan, Dele and Windass linked up. We went longer when we needed too. We had to deal with crosses and straight balls a lot, and we had to beat a high press.

I thought we did all of them well when we needed to. The goal was a well worked goal, and a very good hit from Mighten. We had more chances to kill the game off, especially second half. We had to weather a bit of pressure without looking in trouble.

Some really good displays. Stockdale, McGuinness and James. I thought Vaulks was really really good today. Mighten was good, purely because he did both sides of the job and was a threat the other side too. I thought Windass played well too.

It wasn’t pretty a times, but I never ever thought that we would concede, we were too big, too strong and too mobile.

Almost a perfect away display.

25 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

We showed a bit of everything today. There were moments of quality when Bannan, Dele and Windass linked up. We went longer when we needed too. We had to deal with crosses and straight balls a lot, and we had to beat a high press.

I thought we did all of them well when we needed to. The goal was a well worked goal, and a very good hit from Mighten. We had more chances to kill the game off, especially second half. We had to weather a bit of pressure without looking in trouble.

Some really good displays. Stockdale, McGuinness and James. I thought Vaulks was really really good today. Mighten was good, purely because he did both sides of the job and was a threat the other side too. I thought Windass played well too.

It wasn’t pretty a times, but I never ever thought that we would concede, we were too big, too strong and too mobile.

Almost a perfect away display.

Agreed but James did make two attempted assist efforts on Accrington's behalf with headers direct to their forwards!   🙀