Alex Mighten

Interesting to read the quotes from Darren Moore talking about Mighten last night. 

"What you have to remember with Alex is he has always been an impact player coming on the pitch and we want him here to play and start games."

That was a strange one for me, because he's rarely been an impact player either for us! He's clearly got something about him, but we're yet to see it really. He's very busy, has the tricks, but there's only a bit of substance it seems so far. Hope we can get a tune out of him.

15 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Genuinely no idea what you've seen H which that leads you to believe he's got something about him. I've seen nothing from him, honestly nothing.

For me he's like the kid that's been asked to play footy with the big lads to make the numbers up at school, but eventually he could come good. If it's as Ty said a bit back, we've basically got him for nowt, as a way to try and develop him for Forest, then well it's not a bad thing if he does have that impact.

As AB mentioned Wilks, he's been better, but he's also been injured.

Know someone who went on Tuesday and said Davidson looked the better player out of the two. Went about his business quietly and effectively and rarely lost the ball or gave it away. 

Watched the extended highlights and the first thing Mighten does is run into traffic with the ball too far in front of him so he has to stretch to try and keep it and he doesn't. 

Mighten 'bullied' teams when in the u18s, got fast tracked into the team above and got sent out to see if he can transition. But you look at Leicester's equivalents, on Tuesday, and there's a difference. You look at our lads who played and there's a difference. 

Personally I hope for his sake, and ours, he goes back in January. He's not ready to start regularly in a promotion pushing team. If Forest want him in league 1 then send him out to mid table where he'll get a run of games. Whilst he with us (and possibly under his loan stipulations) he takes a bench place away from someone else. For where we hope to be, at Christmas, Wilks offers more and we bought him for exactly that.  We don't need Mighten and we don't need to be trying to shoehorn some game time in for him during a promotion push. 

• Like 2

I am struggling to see any strength of his aside from the fact that he works hard.

He’s not quick, so when he tries to push it past people he gets caught. He’s not strong. He’s doesn’t seem to have a trick, so he can’t create a yard or space. He has a habit of trying to run through people rather than around them. And he hasn’t got any sort of final ball or delivery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

I am struggling to see any strength of his aside from the fact that he works hard.

He’s not quick, so when he tries to push it past people he gets caught. He’s not strong. He’s doesn’t seem to have a trick, so he can’t create a yard or space. He has a habit of trying to run through people rather than around them. And he hasn’t got any sort of final ball or delivery. 

This is precisely what I was trying (and failing miserably) to say, he's supposed to be a winger isn't he? They usually have at least one of the tricks you've mentioned or if they don't, can deliver an inch perfect delivery (ala Chris Brunt). He just hasn't offered anything. Just runs into people and falls over to win free kicks which I presume works in the PL u23s?

Edited by Otto_Man