End of the 3pm blackout

I think the EFL should tread carefully, because if they do this the EPL certainly will 

As fans we should be cautious as the risk of 10am Sunday morning kick offs could loom large as a result 

From a personal perspective more than happy - it would currently cost about £80 for me to attend a home game. Ticket, fuel and some food (yes that is optional but 8 hours away from home) compared to a legitimate option of £10 - £15 of £0 on the illegitimate 

The conundrum for the EFL is how many of the regular supporters would actually make the same call even if they live nearby 

17 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think the EFL should tread carefully, because if they do this the EPL certainly will 

As fans we should be cautious as the risk of 10am Sunday morning kick offs could loom large as a result 

From a personal perspective more than happy - it would currently cost about £80 for me to attend a home game. Ticket, fuel and some food (yes that is optional but 8 hours away from home) compared to a legitimate option of £10 - £15 of £0 on the illegitimate 

The conundrum for the EFL is how many of the regular supporters would actually make the same call even if they live nearby 

Don't they have sandwiches in MK? 

24 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

If you're at home the Mrs will find plenty of jobs for you to do instead.

Isnlt that worth the £80 alone?

10 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

That last paragraph...

IMO whenever we have cold, foul Winter weather, loads of locals would pull out of going, even those who've paid. They do now: you can see the gaps where they normally sit. 

6 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

That last paragraph...

IMO whenever we have cold, foul Winter weather, loads of locals would pull out of going, even those who've paid. They do now: you can see the gaps where they normally sit. 

Whilst there are other personal factors that influenced my decision, the fact is I made the call to stop my season ticket. The cough erm availability of alternative methods of watching the game helped make that call. 

Well alongside the quantum of midweek games, re-arranged games, on Sky games, notwithstanding my long term love affair with the M1 roadworks.

TV will never replace the thrill of a live game, but let's be honest there is nowt that special about our home games that makes it worth 80 quid to spend.

That is the dichotomy for the EFL and the clubs. You can go after the TV or streaming revenues but it will absolutely over time hit the match attendances. Can you really monetise the streaming, because can you protect the IP from alternative providers

If ticket prices hadn’t kept going up, and the games had always been available on TV like they are in Germany…

(Where fans still attend in their tens of thousands even though it’s available to watch on TV) Then maybe we’d have a happy medium?

Just playing devils advocate.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

If ticket prices hadn’t kept going up, and the games had always been available on TV like they are in Germany…

(Where fans still attend in their tens of thousands even though it’s available to watch on TV) Then maybe we’d have a happy medium?

Just playing devils advocate.

But our ticket prices came down when we went down, didn't they?  

Purely from a selfish point of view I would welcome being able to watch Wednesday at 3pm on Saturday especially since I now live in Wales & not being able to make as many games I would like.....

But....

You can't beat that walk to the old girl, whatever direction you come from, especially walking down Herris Road, walking with friends, family Wednesdaysites, smelling the burger fans as you get nearer, getting into the ground, watching players warm up, reading your programme, chatting away about anything & everything, then comes 2:58 & the roar that comes up as the players come out & HI HO Sheffield Wednesday is sung out loud.

I've made plenty of memories over the years, from standing on the Kop with my Granddad, Dad, Mum & Brother to sitting in the North with my Wife, nothing beats being there.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Purely from a selfish point of view I would welcome being able to watch Wednesday at 3pm on Saturday especially since I now live in Wales & not being able to make as many games I would like.....

But....

You can't beat that walk to the old girl, whatever direction you come from, especially walking down Herris Road, walking with friends, family Wednesdaysites, smelling the burger fans as you get nearer, getting into the ground, watching players warm up, reading your programme, chatting away about anything & everything, then comes 2:58 & the roar that comes up as the players come out & HI HO Sheffield Wednesday is sung out loud.

I've made plenty of memories over the years, from standing on the Kop with my Granddad, Dad, Mum & Brother to sitting in the North with my Wife, nothing beats being there.

I would miss the apathy the crowd shows for the next 2 hours from 3pm 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

But....

Where to fucking start here.

28 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Burger fans.... are they the fatties?

Where is Herris Road?

Is Owlsonline a Wednesdaysites?

Coupla mistakes - amazing what a concoction of morphine & cocodamol can do to ones mind & spelling.

Been waiting nearly 3 years to see somebody about my replacement hip that is slowly degrading, so all I can do is pump myself full of painkillers, as our NHS is in pieces....I can go privately mind, if I can cough up £12k

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Whilst there are other personal factors that influenced my decision, the fact is I made the call to stop my season ticket. The cough erm availability of alternative methods of watching the game helped make that call. 

Well alongside the quantum of midweek games, re-arranged games, on Sky games, notwithstanding my long term love affair with the M1 roadworks.

TV will never replace the thrill of a live game, but let's be honest there is nowt that special about our home games that makes it worth 80 quid to spend.

That is the dichotomy for the EFL and the clubs. You can go after the TV or streaming revenues but it will absolutely over time hit the match attendances. Can you really monetise the streaming, because can you protect the IP from alternative providers

DM football and tactics are hardly a big draw either.

Already got bored of listening to his interviews and press conferences

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Coupla mistakes - amazing what a concoction of morphine & cocodamol can do to ones mind & spelling.

Been waiting nearly 3 years to see somebody about my replacement hip that is slowly degrading, so all I can do is pump myself full of painkillers, as our NHS is in pieces....I can go privately mind, if I can cough up £12k

All the best mate, and if you need, my message inbox is always open if you need to get spelling tips 😆

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Living abroad, I get multi screen PL every week. So every PL fixture is shown live on ViaPlay. As of next week, it looks like all Championship fixtures will also be available live too on ViaPlay.

I get every Wednesday game anyway via iFollow, and the League Cup and FA Cup via Eleven Sports.

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Living abroad, I get multi screen PL every week. So every PL fixture is shown live on ViaPlay. As of next week, it looks like all Championship fixtures will also be available live too on ViaPlay.

I get every Wednesday game anyway via iFollow, and the League Cup and FA Cup via Eleven Sports.

Living in S5 I get all that except the FA Cup games not broadcast abroad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1