20 years ago today

Reesh

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

21 years ago today

Me and a mate were on a hill walking break up in the Scottish Highlands that night.  I think it was our day of arrival  and without much thought we'd booked a table for dinner at our hotel at Tyndrum, Perthshire.  We weren't expecting England to do much and most of our thoughts were on the next day's Munros & Corbetts.  We watched the early stages of the game in our room and England were doing miles better than we expected. Then it was time to go through for dinner, where of course there was no t.v.   It seemed like for all the rest of the 90 mins plus half time, whenever any other guests came through for their booked table and the barman / waiter asked them the score, England had scored again!  I have never wanted to eat a (quite nice) meal less.  It just felt so strange, being in Scotland during such an amazing England achievement, and also not seeing it. We didn't know whether to laugh or cry!