Paul Warne's not wrong on a LOT of this

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Paul Warne's not wrong on a LOT of this

He's absolutely spot on. But, by his own admission, it's an idealistic scenario that unfortunately won't happen. 

He's a top bloke and has done really well with Rotherham. They definitely play for him because he's a genuine fella. Wouldn't mind him at us..... Never happen though 

57 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The admirable thing there, is how he just seems to galvanise any squad he's got to make them a great unit. But, it doesn't guarantee success elsewhere though

Absolutely not no that's very true. I strongly suspect he will look deeply into the character of the player he signs. He wouldn't get that freedom at a bigger club I suspect 

In the Moment of Truth podcast he still doubts whether he's the right man for Rotherham after they've just won promotion. He talks about whether he's taken the club as far as he can, quite a few times. The promotion emotion, as he calls it, isn't there. 

A lot of what Warne does at Rotherham is also down to Hamshaw, Barker, and Warrington. They work extremely well together as a team. Warne even stepped aside from giving his own son a contract and let Hammy decide if he was good enough. Warne also said that if his lad got a contract and started getting grief for being the manager's son then he'd leave his role immediately to give the lad a chance. 

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

In the Moment of Truth podcast he still doubts whether he's the right man for Rotherham after they've just won promotion. He talks about whether he's taken the club as far as he can, quite a few times. The promotion emotion, as he calls it, isn't there. 

A lot of what Warne does at Rotherham is also down to Hamshaw, Barker, and Warrington. They work extremely well together as a team. Warne even stepped aside from giving his own son a contract and let Hammy decide if he was good enough. Warne also said that if his lad got a contract and started getting grief for being the manager's son then he'd leave his role immediately to give the lad a chance. 

The bit about his son, fair play. Must be difficult to do that. 
I know Andy Warrington well, and seeing him first hand at his job I can say he’s extreme thorough, but also, he does it with a smile on his face. If Hamshaw, and Barker go about their job in a similar manner, I bet the players love it.

• Like 1