Every game counts....

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/moore-every-game-counts/

Our attention switches to the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night as the Owls host Sunderland in round one.

The tie will be broadcast to the nation live on Sky Sports and Darren Moore is currently in the process of assessing his squad ahead of the cup-tie.

Whichever XI make the cut, Moore insists Wednesday will be focused on progression to the next stage of the competition.

He said: “It’s a game we will be taking very seriously, it’s a great cup-tie at home in front of our own supporters and we have the live TV cameras here as well. So all the ingredients are there.

“We are assessing where the squad is at after Saturday’s game at MK Dons. It is a quick turnaround, we have another game in the league on Saturday so everything will be considered.

“We want to win the game. For any game at Sheffield Wednesday, we can never rest on our laurels, every game matters. We want to get a rhythm, we want to keep the spirit going.

“It's a breakaway from the league with two big clubs going head-to-head, with the exploits of last season fresh in the mind. They are now operating in the Championship, they are a good team, and this will be a good test for us.”

5 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Reckon we might see the players enjoy official hydration breaks in the game tonight? 

Or is that too sensible for the league? 

I think Saturday looks more of the issue. A game kicking off at 3pm in 30 degree plus temperatures basically contradicts every bit of heatwave advice - both for those actually playing and spectators attending.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I can see Sheffield is forecast for 31C on Saturday, MK has 35C 

There has to be serious debate as to whether the football programme should go ahead this weekend in a good chunk of the country.

Is there any enjoyment to be had, each game a complete lottery that will be played at not much above walking pace 

Pointless friendlies were played in the last ‘heatwave’

22 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Don't bother me - i am giving this one a miss as I would have to use our EV and not adding mile range anxiety on top of watching Wednesday anxiety 

We’re swapping the one out at Woodhall soon. Loads of services being expanded in terms of charging capacity. The main CPOs have some wild targets to add new charge points over the next 2-3 years. 

I need to order my EV at some point. I bought a hybrid recently, so at least I wasn’t turning up to discuss green energy in my 3.2 litre Ford Ranger. 

Now I need to find something suitable with a range over 300 miles. 

1 hour ago, Supercockle said:

We’re swapping the one out at Woodhall soon. Loads of services being expanded in terms of charging capacity. The main CPOs have some wild targets to add new charge points over the next 2-3 years. 

I need to order my EV at some point. I bought a hybrid recently, so at least I wasn’t turning up to discuss green energy in my 3.2 litre Ford Ranger. 

Even Google Translate's not helping me much with that post!   👀

8 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think Saturday looks more of the issue. A game kicking off at 3pm in 30 degree plus temperatures basically contradicts every bit of heatwave advice - both for those actually playing and spectators attending.

I've just had a walk up the garden to water the birds. Am wearing a lightweight mesh running shirt which is now conpletely stuck to me.  

Forecast 30/29 prematch tonight: 25 at HT.  I take the point about Saturday but I'm also very happy not to be chasing about tonight.  

3 hours ago, Supercockle said:

Mrs Mks car has a theoretical range of 260 miles, so in theory I could get to the game and back, just if I do a Fred Flintstone the last few minutes

The realistic range on the motorway is 200 though, so it needs charging up in Sheffield during the game really.

Too much hassle, you just think I could find somewhere but then it not work or its occupied. Just drags out the day even longer.