One for Tylluan

Mark

Saw a young lad playing for Barnsley last night, apparently only 16, called Fabio Jalo, making his debut for 1st team I think. 

Striker, and I reckon even on just one showing, this lad has a decent future ahead of him. I'm sure you know all about him..... I don't 😂

He is only 16 and they've just managed to tie him to a professional contract. Top scorer and player of the season in every age group he's come through. He's also scored a few for their 23s. 

At their u18s playoff game against Charlton their were scouts from 8 premier league and 4 championship clubs. He scored both Barnsley goals. 

Pro contract or not, he'll not be there at the start of next season 

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He is only 16 and they've just managed to tie him to a professional contract. Top scorer and player of the season in every age group he's come through. He's also scored a few for their 23s. 

At their u18s playoff game against Charlton their were scouts from 8 premier league and 4 championship clubs. He scored both Barnsley goals. 

One to watch then!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

No I suspect not. I didn't know he was that well known already. I was hoping we could be interested..... But by sounds not a chance 😂

Lightning quick with a really good touch. Really stood out

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

No I suspect not. I didn't know he was that well known already. I was hoping we could be interested..... But by sounds not a chance 😂

Lightning quick with a really good touch. Really stood out

He's Portuguese but playing through England youth set ups. Portugal want him back and may give him a full cap debut if his progression continues this season. 

I can see him getting game time with Barnsley's first team, maybe Papa John's run outs. 

Just asked a mate who said he reminds him of Jermaine Defoe's style but looks stronger. He also said he shows absolutely no fear whatsoever and a strong belief in his own ability 

16 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He's Portuguese but playing through England youth set ups. Portugal want him back and may give him a full cap debut if his progression continues this season. 

I can see him getting game time with Barnsley's first team, maybe Papa John's run outs. 

Just asked a mate who said he reminds him of Jermaine Defoe's style but looks stronger. He also said he shows absolutely no fear whatsoever and a strong belief in his own ability 

Yes Defoe is a very good comparison. I initially thought bit like Tony Cotee as well. Strong enough for a 16 year old for sure, not in a Rooney sense, but plenty of time to fill out even more. 

I guess the days of us doing "a David Hirst" on them are gone

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yes Defoe is a very good comparison. I initially thought bit like Tony Cotee as well. Strong enough for a 16 year old for sure, not in a Rooney sense, but plenty of time to fill out even more. 

I guess the days of us doing "a David Hirst" on them are gone

I wouldn’t rule us out nicking one of theirs if we were genuinely interested. There’s different folks steering the ship these days down there

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I wouldn’t rule us out nicking one of theirs if we were genuinely interested. There’s different folks steering the ship these days down there

Well I've only seen him once so, obviously, I could be VERY wrong, but if there was any chance of it, I wouldn't think twice about it 

Judging by the generated chatter I don't think you're wrong Mark but he needs to make his choices wisely otherwise he could end up more like George Hirst than his dad. 

Barnsley have also put a future value on him giving him a full pro contract at 16. When he goes it won't be for the arbitrary amount