Jump to content

One for Tylluan


Recommended Posts

Saw a young lad playing for Barnsley last night, apparently only 16, called Fabio Jalo, making his debut for 1st team I think. 

Striker, and I reckon even on just one showing, this lad has a decent future ahead of him. I'm sure you know all about him..... I don't 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is only 16 and they've just managed to tie him to a professional contract. Top scorer and player of the season in every age group he's come through. He's also scored a few for their 23s. 

At their u18s playoff game against Charlton their were scouts from 8 premier league and 4 championship clubs. He scored both Barnsley goals. 

Pro contract or not, he'll not be there at the start of next season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He is only 16 and they've just managed to tie him to a professional contract. Top scorer and player of the season in every age group he's come through. He's also scored a few for their 23s. 

At their u18s playoff game against Charlton their were scouts from 8 premier league and 4 championship clubs. He scored both Barnsley goals. 

Pro contract or not, he'll not be there at the start of next season 

One to watch then!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He is only 16 and they've just managed to tie him to a professional contract. Top scorer and player of the season in every age group he's come through. He's also scored a few for their 23s. 

At their u18s playoff game against Charlton their were scouts from 8 premier league and 4 championship clubs. He scored both Barnsley goals. 

Pro contract or not, he'll not be there at the start of next season 

No I suspect not. I didn't know he was that well known already. I was hoping we could be interested..... But by sounds not a chance 😂

Lightning quick with a really good touch. Really stood out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

No I suspect not. I didn't know he was that well known already. I was hoping we could be interested..... But by sounds not a chance 😂

Lightning quick with a really good touch. Really stood out

He's Portuguese but playing through England youth set ups. Portugal want him back and may give him a full cap debut if his progression continues this season. 

I can see him getting game time with Barnsley's first team, maybe Papa John's run outs. 

Just asked a mate who said he reminds him of Jermaine Defoe's style but looks stronger. He also said he shows absolutely no fear whatsoever and a strong belief in his own ability 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He's Portuguese but playing through England youth set ups. Portugal want him back and may give him a full cap debut if his progression continues this season. 

I can see him getting game time with Barnsley's first team, maybe Papa John's run outs. 

Just asked a mate who said he reminds him of Jermaine Defoe's style but looks stronger. He also said he shows absolutely no fear whatsoever and a strong belief in his own ability 

Yes Defoe is a very good comparison. I initially thought bit like Tony Cotee as well. Strong enough for a 16 year old for sure, not in a Rooney sense, but plenty of time to fill out even more. 

I guess the days of us doing "a David Hirst" on them are gone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yes Defoe is a very good comparison. I initially thought bit like Tony Cotee as well. Strong enough for a 16 year old for sure, not in a Rooney sense, but plenty of time to fill out even more. 

I guess the days of us doing "a David Hirst" on them are gone

I wouldn’t rule us out nicking one of theirs if we were genuinely interested. There’s different folks steering the ship these days down there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I wouldn’t rule us out nicking one of theirs if we were genuinely interested. There’s different folks steering the ship these days down there

Well I've only seen him once so, obviously, I could be VERY wrong, but if there was any chance of it, I wouldn't think twice about it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judging by the generated chatter I don't think you're wrong Mark but he needs to make his choices wisely otherwise he could end up more like George Hirst than his dad. 

Barnsley have also put a future value on him giving him a full pro contract at 16. When he goes it won't be for the arbitrary amount 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be honest I don't know the ins and outs re pro contracts for the youngsters regarding fees. 

Yes at his age it could go any way but the talent certainly seems to be there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...