Crawley's new owners 'reinventing' club management

I'm certainly a cynic when it comes to crypto and NFTs. 

I think crypto will have it's place, and has to a degree already, but NFTs are well... just daft. 

Liverpool's attempt at NFTs failed miserably, so can't see how Crawley's would be a success. The ones in football which were originally a success in terms of massive sales, were utility tokens, which are akin to NFTs and were sold by PSG, Inter, Barca but even those have crashed in value now. 

So if you bought an NFT issued by Hillsborough that gave you a season ticket and other membership bonuses, , what would be the difference.

Skamp's example is meaningless in this context, whole lot of difference between people creating coins and getting them hyped up and selling to teenagers, than using the blockchain infrastructure to hold what was once physical assets. 

9 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Would anyone on here want what Crawley's new rulers are trying to do here at Wednesday? 

It’s kind of irrelevant.  What Crawley’s buyers are trying to do is all based on novelty value.  They want Crawley to become the “soccer” team of choice for every crypto obsessed, ultra geek in America.  

• 2 months later...

Just imagine. Some YouTuber rocking up against a Premier League club in the FA Cup… 

Like Mark Wright did against L**ds, so while the top clubs take the piss by playing 2nd string sides, down the league we get these fucking idiots letting the likes of one belter from Love Island or summat take to the pitch.

I’m not a religious person but god help us!

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Well. Another change in charge of the team at Crawley…

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2022/december/club-statement--matthew-etherington--simon-davies/

They seem to be falling from one controversy to another, the fans are pushing for answers from their crypto loving owners…. It’s a mess down there that only the owners think is ‘normal’

It is bursting still, and the misgivings many had over it's plausibility in terms of football are coming true it seems. I know a couple of people from down there and they're extremely worried for the future of the club in the short term, never mind further down the road with these Wagmi lot in charge. Bradford fans are also apparently watching on, as if you remember they've had crypto people sniffing around their club too.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

It is bursting still, and the misgivings many had over it's plausibility in terms of football are coming true it seems. I know a couple of people from down there and they're extremely worried for the future of the club in the short term, never mind further down the road with these Wagmi lot in charge. Bradford fans are also apparently watching on, as if you remember they've had crypto people sniffing around their club too.

I wouldn't trust these "crypto people".  Not after I watched 'Hotel Transylvania' the other day.  🦇

• Haha 1

All depends doesnt it 

If you're trading in basically worthless currencies then yes it's a scam, but the blockchain is being used more and more for other reasons.

I'm invested in a company which has the framework for enabling purchases in Meta - think like buying avatars and skins for your PlayStation games but in the  metaverse. Doesn't mean much to us old ones but youngsters will pay for this.

So it's a company with real tangible income but issues coins instead of more traditional shares 

Edited by Andyben

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

All depends doesnt it 

If you're trading in basically worthless currencies then yes it's a scam, but the blockchain is being used more and more for other reasons.

I'm invested in a company which has the framework for enabling purchases in Meta - think like buying avatars and skins for your PlayStation games but in the  metaverse. Doesn't mean much to us old ones but youngsters will pay for this.

So it's a company with real tangible income but issues coins instead of more traditional shares 

The OO version of FTX.