Jack Wilshere

With the commitment and lifestyle of James Milner he would have probably been the player England built our midfield around. Unfortunately went the same way as a lot did and I fear Grealish may do the same unless Pep can keep him in check.

I saw a stat that he played less than 250 games in a 14 year career. He was a brilliant talent, but you do wonder if his injuries were mental as well as physical, and by that I mean that he had to be 100% to play.

I was listening to a podcast about South American football over the weekend, and they spoke about players like Suarez and the original Ronaldo and said the only time they were ever 100% fit was the first game of the season. Suarez played half a season no more than 70% fit, but carried on.

You could level a similar thing against Daniel Sturridge who followed the same path.

28 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I saw a stat that he played less than 250 games in a 14 year career. He was a brilliant talent, but you do wonder if his injuries were mental as well as physical, and by that I mean that he had to be 100% to play.

I was listening to a podcast about South American football over the weekend, and they spoke about players like Suarez and the original Ronaldo and said the only time they were ever 100% fit was the first game of the season. Suarez played half a season no more than 70% fit, but carried on.

You could level a similar thing against Daniel Sturridge who followed the same path.

Yeah, but R9 and Suarez are true world class players. 

Sturridge however.