Yorkshire CCC 20/20

owl4ever1867

1/4 Final tonight vs Surrey,

Yorkshire score 160/5

Surrey needed just 5 off the last over to win.....

Yorkshire win by 1 run after what was 1 of the best piece of bowling by Thompson I've witnessed in this format, absolutely outstanding.

Last over Yorkshire got 3 wickets as Surrey finished on 159/7....

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

What an absolutely fantastic result!!!! I gave us no chance with that side tbh, brilliant last over from Thompson and great cameo and vital catch from Fraine

Needing just 5 off that last over I thought we were done, especially when Revis got whacked for a 6 on his last ball of the over!

• Like 1

What a roller coaster that match was.  

Did not think the 160 would be enough and probably 15 / 20 short.  Then at 90 ish for 5 thought we had it in the bag until Overton started causing mayhem.  Even with 2 balls left Surrey were favourites.  

Boring this cricket lark isn't it.

Did not realise that Finals Day was so soon and typically bang in the middle of the England One Dayers so no doubt lots of talent missing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yorkshire are currently in action against our arch rivals Lancashire in the Semi Final of the 20/20

I totally forgot this was on and been dragged out bloody shopping!

Yorkshire won the toss & chose to bat....

19 overs Yorkshire are 198/5

Thompson has hit 6 Sixes & got to 50 in just 18 balls but he sadly lost his wicket on the last ball of the 18th over....

1 over to go....

Also I'd like to add, the ECB couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery, Yorkshire had a few missing that (imo) would've seen them win the 20/20 this year, why put an international series slap bang on the middle of it?

Unless the likes of Root, Bairstow, Wiley lose form, we will hardly ever see them represent Yorkshire.

Also, where the hell was Adil Rashid? I thought he was on a white ball 20/20 contract, so unless he was injured where was he?

Edited by owl4ever1867

9 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Also I'd like to add, the ECB couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery, Yorkshire had a few missing that (imo) would've seen them win the 20/20 this year, why put an international series slap bang on the middle of it?

Unless the likes of Root, Bairstow, Wiley lose form, we will hardly ever see them represent Yorkshire.

Also, where the hell was Adil Rashid? I thought he was on a white ball 20/20 contract, so unless he was injured where was he?

Edit :

found out why

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/cricket/news/12123/12639411/adil-rashid-to-miss-england-vs-india-white-ball-series-due-to-mecca-pilgrimage