The Leadmill

23 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Shocking news.  Sheffield the Home of Football and the Home of Music in a log of people's eyes.

This place is part of the City's Heritage now let's see if the Council have the balls to step in, if they can.

How can the council do anything when it is a private landlord that owns the lease

8 hours ago, star said:

How can the council do anything when it is a private landlord that owns the lease

Was thinking along the lines of the Council having the influence to oppose any sale unless the future use was for a music venue if they have the power to do this.

The guy who owns the building also owns other music venues so not sure what his motives are.  

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

The council cause this. 

They are absolutely rotten and should support hospitality and entertainment businesses like The Leadmill, in the same way other councils do.

Sheffield is decades behind Manchester 

Absolutely this

On 01/04/2022 at 11:35, MPB said:

Now saying that the Electric Group (?) who own the Leadmill have said there's no intention of closing down the building and it will continue as a venue...

They have said that there could be a change in the people that run it...

The people who run it are the ones who own the rites to the Leadmill name.

As already said, it'll become a soulless pop world palace. It'll die on its arse within three years and give the landlords the opportunity to turn it into student accommodation. 

• 4 weeks later...

God knows MPB i would have been losing my marbles in a cellar underneath the Caribbean restaurant on London Road at the time.

I know they supported the Clint Boon Experience at one point and he spent a week with the Stone Roses on their Second Coming tour

Is that what it was.....Paolo fuckin Nutri-Grain....???

Is it sponsored Clair's Accessories and bubble fuckin tea?

I give up.......I really fuckin do ......music has turned fuckin soft as shite ...