Message from the gaffer…

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/the-gaffer-issues-a-message-to-supporters/

They have to be our 12th man, get right behind the boys and sing your hearts out because the players appreciate thrive on it..”

That is the message from Owls manager Darren Moore ahead of tonight’s play-off semi-final second leg at Hillsborough.

Tickets have long since sold out and the S6 atmosphere is set to be at its very best once again.

The Owls must overturn a one-goal deficit from the first leg to reach the League One play-off final.

But with a capacity Hillsborough behind the boys every step of the way, the gaffer has outlined exactly what is required from the stands tonight.

He added: “It’s the second leg in front of a packed Hillsborough, fantastic to know it’s packed out, and they’ll be in full voice. They’ll be our 12th man.

“My message to the fans is, you’ve been absolutely tremendous all season. Get there Monday night and sing your hearts out for the boys, be that 12th man and drive them on, because they really do appreciate it, and I appreciate it, and I look forward to seeing you all there.

“We’ve got a lot of work to do, but we know we’re going to have to play a lot better, certainly on the ball.

“Sunderland’s fans were loud, really loud, so what do I want from our fans on Monday? To be louder, simple as that.

“I could hear them high up in the stands and that was against 40-odd thousand Sunderland fans, so what could it be like at Hillsborough?”

Isn’t this still our best finish from a first season in the third tier? I know it feels crappy tonight, but bringing in someone new is a risk, particularly given the level of manager we’d be able to attract. Surely those funds would be better used in adding quality to the team. 

• Like 1

He won't be sacked.

I'm not his biggest fan at all though.

This close season is massive squad wise, we are in L1 again, who's up for it again player wise

From game one it's got to be the aim to win the league. No fucking about until Xmas etc. Just crack on.

I want to see DM descend into the dark arts over the next few weeks.....a bit like when Sigourney Weaver got possessed in Ghostbusters..... obviously I don't want to see DM getting it on with Bill Murray...although that's entirely up to him.....I'm liberally minded .....

......I want to see Darren Moore's evil twin.....!

1 hour ago, MPB said:

I want to see DM descend into the dark arts over the next few weeks.....a bit like when Sigourney Weaver got possessed in Ghostbusters..... obviously I don't want to see DM getting it on with Bill Murray...although that's entirely up to him.....I'm liberally minded .....

......I want to see Darren Moore's evil twin.....!

Demi?