Ye olde match films.

Never seen that before.... brilliant....the crowd there...66k...although "the norm" now, those friendly crowd surges...the Asian lad in the turban..."Up The Owls" banner ....again, brilliant....this is why we love the game...

And not a corporate wanker or dickhead in sight....!  Cheers Owlin'!

11 hours ago, MPB said:

Never seen that before.... brilliant....the crowd there...66k...although "the norm" now, those friendly crowd surges...the Asian lad in the turban..."Up The Owls" banner ....again, brilliant....this is why we love the game...

And not a corporate wanker or dickhead in sight....!  Cheers Owlin'!

👍

8 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Imagine walking onto the Kop as usual and finding that lot already there. We did!  😬

Always wondered about that, was it decided a week or so before or was it decided on the day?    Same when Villa came?

On 10/05/2022 at 19:09, Owling_Wolf said:

Imagine walking onto the Kop as usual and finding that lot already there. We did!  😬

Yep, walked in they were on us "open the fucking gates" we yelled at stewards, went on lep kept quiet till we got 3rd then ran across pitch back onto kop amongst the valiant 200 or so at the front who did a sturdy job holding the mancs off for the rest of the match.🤕🤣

I was just a young teenager (13) at that Man U game in 74. Stood on the kop pretty much shitting myself for much of it, but knew the older Owls would hold em back. I was one of those on the edge of the pitch (5 mins in on the clip above) basically trying to keep out of the fighting going on all around me.

Great game and great memories though. Set me up for a rough ride of following the Owls through some crap years of football on and off the pitch.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...