Harold Wilcockson

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/obituary---harold-wilcockson/

he Owls are saddened to learn of the passing of our former player Harold Wilcockson at the age of 78.

The full back joined Wednesday on 17 December 1969 and would feature 43 times for the club.

Born in Sheffield, Wilcockson scored one goal during his time at Hillsborough, bagging the winner in 1–0 victory over QPR in September 1970.

He began his career at Rotherham United in 1963, having joined the Millers from Hillsborough Boys Club.

The right sided defender moved to Doncaster Rovers in 1968 where he won a Fourth Division Championship medal, before switching to S6.

Wilcockson rejoined Rovers after leaving the Owls at the end of the 1970/71 campaign and finished his playing career with Goole Town in 1976.

The thoughts of everyone at Sheffield Wednesday are with Harold’s family and friends at this very difficult time.

Harold Wilcockson, 1943-2022. Rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a long shot I know, but thought I’d post in case anyone can help, or put the message out to anyone who can - posted on Facebook (in Barnsley Community Group) earlier this evening.

Jill:  Hi, totally understand if you can’t post this, my dad Harold wilcockson has passed away, he was a professional footballer
In 1960s/70s, playing for Rotherham United, Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Goole town, I’m trying to find Dave Williams who I understand played with my dad and lives in Barnsley and anyone else who played with him, to invite them to the funeral Fri 6 May 10.50 at Barnsley crematorium.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/obituary---harold-wilcockson/

RIP Harold.