Lucas Paqueta

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2llxjxq955o

If the charges are proven, he won’t be playing for a long time. Toney got almost a year for betting on matches he wasn’t involved in, Paqueta is accused of getting booked deliberately. Cricketers who have spot fixed have been given career ending bans (and in some cases jail), so I think his move to Man City may be off.

1 hour ago, Gamblor said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2llxjxq955o

If the charges are proven, he won’t be playing for a long time. Toney got almost a year for betting on matches he wasn’t involved in, Paqueta is accused of getting booked deliberately. Cricketers who have spot fixed have been given career ending bans (and in some cases jail), so I think his move to Man City may be off.

I think the Citeh move summer went tits up cos of all this.

6 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I think the Citeh move summer went tits up cos of all this.

It did, but there were rumours of it being back on if there were no charges. If he’s found guilty, he could well have played his last game. 

If he says he didn't, and he may well not have, how the hell can anyone prove he did. Would likely need a real surge in betting on cards in those games for him and a link from the betting companies showing if he knew them that won. Otherwise I don't see how it could ever be proven.

Bet there's loads of lower league players who tell a couple of mates to back a booking on them for a pull back etc.

Hope the FA have real proof for the charges, if they do then throw the book at him.

6 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Would likely need a real surge in betting on cards in those games for him and a link from the betting companies 

It's a betting company that first brought it to the FA's attention after noticing irregular betting patterns coming out of Brazil