EFL confirm iFollow to end…. Domestically.

19 hours ago, bradowl said:

More live games at the weekend means more games moved to daft o'clock kick off times. 

Yep.

They should just scrap the 3pm thing, with games just being whenever, whatever day, that’s more of a ‘put off’ IMO for people attending than the game being on TV, at 3pm on a Saturday.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yep.

They should just scrap the 3pm thing, with games just being whenever, whatever day, that’s more of a ‘put off’ IMO for people attending than the game being on TV, at 3pm on a Saturday.

I think this is sowing the seeds of a future development in that direction

8 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think this is sowing the seeds of a future development in that direction

It’s getting to the point where 3pm on a Saturday isn’t the ‘regular’ time games kick off anyway, so a blackout won’t be needed. 

11 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

It’s getting to the point where 3pm on a Saturday isn’t the ‘regular’ time games kick off anyway, so a blackout won’t be needed. 

Based on what?

90% of weekend professional games area still played at 3pm on a Saturday with the scheduling only really altered during the early stages of European cup football.

Decent bit of Nevonomics there Terry....

14 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Based on what?

90% of weekend professional games area still played at 3pm on a Saturday with the scheduling only really altered during the early stages of European cup football.

I think my sowing the seeds for when the TV deals come round again. But the EPL one still has another season to go before the number of games increases. Be interesting how the EFL deal works through over the next 2 seasons. With blanket coverage of midweek games, more weekend games moved kick off times, will it impact on season ticket sales, away followings etc.

But that is why the 3pm kick off blackout may continue, as it will be those non TV accessible games (via legitimate means of course) where clubs will seek to maximise revenues.

14 hours ago, Andyben said:

Based on what?

Ok, it’s GOING to get to the point. It’s not far off in the Premier League as it is now