Contracts

Here's a list of the players we have and when they're contracted to(as far as I know), divided into out of contract, in contract and the loans.

It also has their ages at the start of next season. It's worth remembering that most will be a year older than that come the end of the season.

So, despite the doom merchants, what do you think about where we stand?

Does anyone have any changes to this list as they're reporting 18 including loans but I have 21?

Is it me or are we in a pretty good position regarding rejuvenating the squad?

Screenshot_20240321_100917_Sheets.jpg

Edited by Tewksbury

I have Wilks, James and Brennan over the Star.

Can see us being priced out of Ugbo and Poveda. 

Can't see Bernard signing either.

The only one I'd keep is Vaulks. Iorfa always injured, Neymarv and Bernard are OK when you're on top but both fall apart when the pressure's on. Rohl won't keep Neymarv, he'll be a priority for replacement.

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Poveda's out of contract in June

Doesn't really mean anything these days, whatever fee you'd pay is just rolled into signing bonus and wages.

Which we'd also have to pay to keep any of our out of contract players. We need to get out of the mindset of should we keep a player and change it to should we sign this player?

Would you sign them if they weren't already here and could we get better, more suitable players for cheaper from elsewhere?

20 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Of course I'd sign Ugbo & Poveda above any other similar priced player. They've both proven they fit into the system and have improved us - why take the risk with anyone else who could be a de Bilde?

Think we'll be priced out on both.

Troyes are part of City Group, so they will know of his value, potentially trying for a better loan to a bigger club or to another City Group club to get more return on the 3 million they paid in the summer.

Poveda will also probably be offered more than we can realistically pay.

If we can get them for a reasonable outlay, then definitely sign them, just don't think it will happen.

Same goes for a lot of the other players out of contract, if they can stay for backup money, Vaulks, Iorfa, Palmer, Bannan are all worth keeping around.

You are making an opinion based on fuck all bar your inane spreadsheet, you seem to make snide digs about the club at every corner.

I'm leaning towards you being a bertie. Off you fuck.

Ugbo joined Troyes in the summer of 2022 not last summer, where did you get the £3m fee from, oh you made it up.

Edited by Reesh

28 minutes ago, Reesh said:

You are making an opinion based on fuck all bar your inane spreadsheet, you seem to make snide digs about the club at every corner.

Ugbo joined Troyes in the summer of 2022 not last summer, where did you get the £3m fee from, oh you made it up.

Where's the snide digs?

Sorry, forgot it was in Euros, not much difference anyway.

Troyes signed him in 2022 for €3,000,000 from Grenke, coming off 6 goals in 25 games.

After this season, if he scores enough to keep us up, they'll want a lot more than they paid.

Screenshot_20240321_115343_Brave.jpg

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

Think we'll be priced out on both.

Troyes are part of City Group, so they will know of his value, potentially trying for a better loan to a bigger club or to another City Group club to get more return on the 3 million they paid in the summer.

Poveda will also probably be offered more than we can realistically pay.

If we can get them for a reasonable outlay, then definitely sign them, just don't think it will happen.

Same goes for a lot of the other players out of contract, if they can stay for backup money, Vaulks, Iorfa, Palmer, Bannan are all worth keeping around.

I think we'll be in pole position to sign Poveda in the summer assuming Rhöl  stays. Ugbo possibly a harder one. Seems likely that Troyes want to offload him but they'll have to take a loss wherever  he goes. 

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Of course I'd sign Ugbo & Poveda above any other similar priced player. They've both proven they fit into the system and have improved us - why take the risk with anyone else who could be a de Bilde?

What a grade A **** De Bilde was off the pitch as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I think we'll be in pole position to sign Poveda in the summer assuming Rhöl  stays. Ugbo possibly a harder one. Seems likely that Troyes want to offload him but they'll have to take a loss wherever  he goes. 

Poveda will be an Owl if we stay in the Championship & Rohl stays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

Bernard and Iorfa only. I’d offload Bambo and Smith if we can get fees.

I’d like us to try and get Beadle, Poveda and Ugbo. We will need to bring in 12 including the three above.

Massive rebuild.

Gonna have my work cut out aren't I mate...I'm fkin 50 in June so all transfer talks cancelled for at least two weeks of it

7 hours ago, Reesh said:

Do you still make away following spread sheets Reesh? 

17 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Have you started takeover talks with the 1867 group yet?

Yah. Whatsapp 'd Adam Shaw.

He'll call me later because hs on a double shift at Wendy's  after big Mike called in sick.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Third time in a fortnight big Mike's done that - he's on thin ice that lad.

Not something the standard Faux Yank Wednesday fan should be comfortable on.