Sweepstake on when relegation will be confirmed

This was the main topic of conversation in Southey Club last Sunday dinner (in between stocking up on bacon & Lurpack from the shoplifters)

It's going to the wire .... Last day of the season away at Sunderland after the points deductions handed out to both Blackburn & Stoke for being cheating twats .... Believe!

Edited by CasbahOwl

24 minutes ago, CasbahOwl said:

This was the main topic of conversation in Southey Club last Sunday dinner (in between stocking up on bacon & Lurpack from the shoplifters)

It's going to the wire .... Last day of the season away at Sunderland after the points deductions handed out to both Blackburn & Stoke for being cheating twats .... Believe!

Didn't realise you supped in there pal

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

You morbid ****

Whats your choice though 

I accept I am on the pessimistic side of life, but when it comes to supporting Wednesday I have the stats to back my conclusions 

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Whats your choice though 

I accept I am on the pessimistic side of life, but when it comes to supporting Wednesday I have the stats to back my conclusions 

Go support MK Dons then

8 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Didn't realise you supped in there pal

Sunday dinner madhouse pal ............ 50/50 old Gate lads & old Timbertop lads ..... Used to knock lumps out of each other 30 years ago, now we buy each other beer, talk a good feyt & swap gout tablets & tubes of Voltorol 🤔

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, CasbahOwl said:

Sunday dinner madhouse pal ............ 50/50 old Gate lads & old Timbertop lads ..... Used to knock lumps out of each other 30 years ago, now we buy each other beer, talk a good feyt & swap gout tablets & tubes of Voltorol 🤔

It's my local but can't remember last time I went in.

20 minutes ago, CasbahOwl said:

Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (with 'the mother') in a glass of water for gout (or as many as you want), better than any tablets and I've had most of them...

• Thanks 1

This conversation cropped up at work other day on who would be relegated first between us and them lot across City. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being same weekend with Premier league finishing a couple of weeks later. Probably just after Easter is my guess, Saturday 6th April QPR. 

Go on Wednesday and prove me wrong by putting a run of wins together. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to twist and turn, like a twisty turny thing.

The key has to be catching the pack and sticking with them. For me we need 7 wins out of 13 games. Which is still a daunting task based on this seasons average but given the fixture list and our performance level it's not an impossible task.

• Like 1

I had given up after our defeat at Huddersfield, the win against Birmingham raised my hopes again, defeat at Leicester and I was thinking that's it, the win at Millwall and I'm now optimistic that we can stay up. 

The highs and lows of being a Wednesdayite. 😂

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I had given up after our defeat at Huddersfield, the win against Birmingham raised my hopes again, defeat at Leicester and I was thinking that's it, the win at Millwall and I'm now optimistic that we can stay up. 

The highs and lows of being a Wednesdayite. 😂

As @HappyOwl and others have said, its the hope that kills you 🤪

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Snap said:

I usually love making the football predictions because I'm hopeless at them and always get them wrong so I really do need the practice.

But in this case I won't be predicting a date we'll get relegated as if/when we win the next two games it really is game on and we're right back in it. We'll go from strength to strength and stay up with points to spare. Then we'll all be wondering what we were all worried about.

Just had a thought, that last bit is a prediction so hopefully I'll get one right for a change.

If you’re shit at them. Then please predict we’ll lose and then we won’t. 🤣

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 18:17, mkowl said:

The news on QPR and potential points deduction could be a curveball 

There’s still enough winnable games left to pick up enough points to put survival beyond doubt, whatever happens to everyone else.