Windass and Dalton Smith

In almost complete control all the way through.  Cuts over both eyes due to clashes of heads.  Only difference they made was Smith became more aggressive because he obviously didn’t want to win by technical decision.  Think he’s done with domestic level.

9 hours ago, owl71 said:

In almost complete control all the way through.  Cuts over both eyes due to clashes of heads.  Only difference they made was Smith became more aggressive because he obviously didn’t want to win by technical decision.  Think he’s done with domestic level.

Yep. I’ve always had question marks about his power, which when you get beyond European level, you need, as fighters do a far better job of closing the gap, and also carry power themselves. He showed he had some pop last night in both hands.

What I really like about him is that, he’s technically and fundamentally very very good. He’s got great feet, good speed, brilliant at judging distance, and very disciplined in his work. He’s also a very fit boy.

Some interesting dust-ups available. Ohara Davies being one although he’s got a world title shot soon. It’s a bit too soon for Jack Caterall and Josh Taylor (Taylor will move up anyway). He could look at Ritson and Davies Jr as a step up. There are a whole host of Mexicans out there too.

• Like 1

I also like he's not letting Eddie Hearn dictate to him, he has a set up that works for him 

The cuts are a worry and that one last night on the right eye was fucking ugly but they managed it, Maxwell looked ring rusty but you can only beat whats in front of you.

35 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I also like he's not letting Eddie Hearn dictate to him, he has a set up that works for him 

The cuts are a worry and that one last night on the right eye was fucking ugly but they managed it, Maxwell looked ring rusty but you can only beat whats in front of you.

It was a nasty one wasn't it.... 

The corner managed it, and I think Dalton himself managed it well, keeping Maxwell away from it for a round or so after it happened. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Sheldon did a great job with the right eye, he used to work the doors at Niche btw.

I thought Maxwell looked his sharpest opponent to date. As for not letting Hearn dictate, that’s his dads department, top bloke and trainer. Anyone know if Grant ever boxed himself at pro level? 

Why was the cut man and scouser arguing after the KO?

Working on the door at Niche, where next Dempseys?

Nah Grant didn't do much https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/the-big-interview-grant-smith-the-man-who-came-back-from-the-dead-to-create-champion-boxers-437516