Youngsters leaving S6….

Leojo Davidson, Will Trueman, Paulo Aguas and Josh Ashman have all either played for or trained with the senior side under Darren Moore, and suggestions are that all four are looking likely to leave once their current deals expire at the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-quartet-amongst-those-looking-likely-to-leave-the-owls-4127435

And another reason why we should totally restructure the current set up.

Aguas, Davidson and Trueman should have pushed on to at least have challenged for squad inclusion. 

To say that Moore started his coaching career with West Brom's youth system he doesn't seem sure about how to integrate the younger players into a first team environment

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tylluan said:

And another reason why we should totally restructure the current set up.

Aguas, Davidson and Trueman should have pushed on to at least have challenged for squad inclusion. 

To say that Moore started his coaching career with West Brom's youth system he doesn't seem sure about how to integrate the younger players into a first team environment

I'll hold my hands up & admit I know nothing about these kids & how good they are but I've heard nothing but good things about all 3 of these kids but yet they are released.

It'll be interesting to see how many move up from the 18s because all three could have done, at least, another year in the 21s. 

If we move players up that have genuine ability and are considered better long-term prospects then I've no problem with the club saying maybe it's time you tried somewhere else (as Moore says in that vid). But these three were also considered long term prospects, Trueman was voted LfE apprentice of the year, and if we end up filling their spaces with trialists that were released from other clubs then it just shows how backwards our academy is.

I'm also interested to see if Shipston and Durrant push on next season, especially if we're in the championship 

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Just seen something on Twitter that we have lost Cat 2 status at the Academy.  Heard anything @Tylluan ?

Not heard a thing but unless we're seriously downgrading the academy staffing then we'd be unlikely to lose our Cat2 status, unless we're self downgrading to Cat4, like Huddersfield did, and doing the B team route.

Category 1 academy, has around 100 staff members, but clubs such as Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton Athletic have around 20 members of staff, and from those, on a full time basis you’ll probably only see 10 of them daily. Category 3 academies, such as a club like Rochdale, will generally have even lower staffing levels. They will have an Academy Manager, an under-23s coach, and potentially a part time under-18s coach. The performance analyst will more than likely be assigned solely to the first team, looking at the youth levels for under-23s right down to the under-9s on his day off.