First player of the year award .....

One of our own n'dat.

He's had a good season by his standards but the fact that he's now won it 3 times either tells you the state of our squads over those seasons or the amount of effort he's put in with WOO could sometimes have been more than others have put on the pitch. As the chairman says, "He’s been to nearly as many Wise Old Owls lunches as I have!"

5 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Shows how exciting the footballs been when laim palmer is taking our player of the year awards 

It's not all about excitement though, is it? We need the Steady Eddie framework too for the flair players to work from. He's had a very good season, covering several positions well - sometimes even within one game - and even notching welcome goals. 

29 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

It's not all about excitement though, is it? We need the Steady Eddie framework too for the flair players to work from. He's had a very good season, covering several positions well - sometimes even within one game - and even notching welcome goals. 

It is if you want to keep this generation coming back 

agree with what you’ve said, and he has had a very good season, and probably deserves it, but I want a player of year to be somebody that gets you off your seat, not a 7 out of 10 every week

He’s had two good seasons has Palmer. Certainly out performed all of our other permanent defenders, and in some cases, by some way.

But, I was sort of hoping we might have seen a Smith, or a Windass winning this. Purely due to one or the other bagging a hatful of goals. Byers is another I’d like to see. But I’ve resigned myself to the fact that you are never going to get more than 30 games a season out of him.

For the supporters player of the year, it will be usual suspects. Between Bannan and Palmer.

2 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

It is if you want to keep this generation coming back 

agree with what you’ve said, and he has had a very good season, and probably deserves it, but I want a player of year to be somebody that gets you off your seat, not a 7 out of 10 every week

So how long is it 'til you get a vote in that, Paul?   😉