Apparently we turned away…

HoylandOwl

Ben Godfrey who plays for Everton, when he was a young un.

“It felt a little bit like the dream was over [after his Middlesbrough release]. After that, there were trials with Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United. None led to a contract.

“For them to say no was a massive confidence-breaker, really. It looked like the end of the journey

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/12587065/ben-godfrey-interview-everton-defender-on-why-proving-people-wrong-has-driven-him-on-since-his-trial-days

Not checked but has Stalk imploded on this devastating news yet?

He trialled with us as an u14 and he was playing centre mid at the time. York took him back (he was there at u11s) and he went into their u15s and then U18s where Norwich picked him up. He turned into a centre half at York. 

4 hours ago, MPB said:

Saw a crazy stat the other day.....out of the thousands of kids that sign up on schoolboy terms in any one year......a number in the mid-30's is what actually make it....

Most of em just lose interest after the first time they're offloaded ...

Wouldn't be a surprise

I thought that either a relative of his used to post on here, or a relative of another Norwich youth player in the same age group and they were saying to keep an eye out for Godfrey. 

There’s every chance I’ve made the whole thing up as well. 

1 hour ago, LiamOwl said:

I thought that either a relative of his used to post on here, or a relative of another Norwich youth player in the same age group and they were saying to keep an eye out for Godfrey. 

There’s every chance I’ve made the whole thing up as well. 

Norwich Owl’s Grandson was with the Canaries