Jump to content

The Lewis Wing / David Stockdale Derby - Match thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ozzie said:

We've got the squad, which he as built well, but now and again his tactics late in games and substitutions can be a worry.

 

I've said the same but he's relatively inexperienced as a manager really in years, hopefully he learns as he goes because it's impossible to not like the bloke. He's a class act, get it right tactically more and he's sorted really

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve seen on the sky news today a couple of comments on Saturday’s game.

Wycombe unhappy about a fan throwing something at a Wednesday player. Can’t say that I saw that. Anyone see the incident?

And something about unsavoury chants. Can’t be from Wycombe fans as I never heard a murmur from them all match. But neither did I hear anything untoward from the Wednesday end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

I’ve seen on the sky news today a couple of comments on Saturday’s game.

Wycombe unhappy about a fan throwing something at a Wednesday player. Can’t say that I saw that. Anyone see the incident?

And something about unsavoury chants. Can’t be from Wycombe fans as I never heard a murmur from them all match. But neither did I hear anything untoward from the Wednesday end. 

Something was thrown at Byers.

 

They also sang something unsavoury as per their own fans forum

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, M42Owl said:

Couple of days away with the Mrs.

She’s coming with me next week too and we’ll have a look round the delights of Cheltenham and Gloucester.

One day, she might actually go to a match.

Has she not got suspicious yet that your romantic mini breaks away mysteriously coincide with where Wednesday are playing ?

Now then Mrs M42 how do you fancy a weekend away in Accrington ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Has she not got suspicious yet that your romantic mini breaks away mysteriously coincide with where Wednesday are playing ?

Now then Mrs M42 how do you fancy a weekend away in Accrington ?

Why, we've played them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Has she not got suspicious yet that your romantic mini breaks away mysteriously coincide with where Wednesday are playing ?

Now then Mrs M42 how do you fancy a weekend away in Accrington ?

It’s only recently that she’s started tagging along. Perhaps she didn’t believe anyone would really want to watch Wednesday away?

Sunderland last year, oh the joys. Cheltenham and Portsmouth (Brighton for her) to come. She might even fancy Bristol. Next year she might be tempted with Luton and Middlesbrough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, M42Owl said:

Couple of days away with the Mrs.

She’s coming with me next week too and we’ll have a look round the delights of Cheltenham and Gloucester.

If it's anything like the one I was in a while back, there's not really much to see.

A couple of cash machines, the counter and a few chairs.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Reesh said:

Something was thrown at Byers.

 

They also sang something unsavoury as per their own fans forum

 

Was this potentially during the long treatment of James, right in front of their fans behind the goal?  Certainly some of their fans were not happy with their fellow fan / fans in that forum that Reesh linked earlier.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Owt north of the town centre is basically Barnsley 

 

AE7CE6F6-569C-45BD-823F-885EE4AC3CB2.thumb.png.d319e67ca6055083b74f2b78ff100839.png

Is your real name Hyacinth Bucket?

You started with Chesterfield. it aint no Monaco.

 

The Barnsley tag is what Blunts utter, says a lot

Edited by Ozzie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...