Now we’ve signed Bakinson.

Who knows - what type of midfielder is this chap. 

I think it is possibly an insurance policy if FDB does end up leaving 

The only other is if we are tested transfer wise on Bannan

We are going to play 3 in there so on the 3 game weeks rotation may be critical so we need them all especially as there will be injuries or suspension 

Compared with this time last season…

In: Vaukes, Bakinson, A Hunt.

Out: Luongo, Wing, Hutchinson.

Based on expectations for Wing, rather than the reality, I’d say we’re a bit weaker than we were. But not a lot in it, (especially considering that Wing was rubbish and the other two had lengthy injury absences) so I think we’ll stick as we are unless a generous bid comes in. If that happens, we’ll look to replace whoever leaves.

16 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I think we're overloading with midfielders to take advantage of the 5 subs option. 

The starting 3 keep the tempo up for 70 mins then start getting replaced in order to keep the tempo going. 

Much like in Rugby Union games. 

This makes total sense. I’d forgotten about the new sub rules

58 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I think we're overloading with midfielders to take advantage of the 5 subs option. 

The starting 3 keep the tempo up for 70 mins then start getting replaced in order to keep the tempo going. 

No, it's 'cos we can lose 3 proper players injured during the same game, (and that kid from Arsenal at the same time without us knowing!)  

Might as well keep FDB, if we get promoted it will be worth potentially losing him on a free. We could offer him a better deal following a promotion and if he has a good season there will be better clubs than Blackpool and Norwich coming in for him so it suits all parties.

On Bakinson, shrewd signing with a point to prove. Love how Big Daz is getting some proper height into the side, far less set piece/balls pumped into the box late on to worry about!

9 hours ago, Tylluan said:

As much as I’d like this to happen, I also don’t like it…. Being able to swap almost 50% of your team in a game… 

49 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

As much as I’d like this to happen, I also don’t like it…. Being able to swap almost 50% of your team in a game… 

Neither do I. 
Isn’t the rationale behind the change to 5 subs to do with exhaustion and burn out in a busy season? But if @Tylluan is correct, we’ll now be telling (some of) our player to run themselves into the ground and not to worry because we’ll sub them on 60/70 minutes. Whatever happened to “pacing yourself” through a game or season?

Welcome to the modern game.

As has already been mentioned, we're not bringing in different players that would mean a different system. We're almost going back to the "two for every position" days in midfield but with five subs there's more chance of rotation. 

Edited by Tylluan

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Welcome to the modern game.

As has already been mentioned, we're not bringing in different players that would mean a different system. We're almost going back to the "two for every position" days in midfield but with five subs there's more chance of rotation. 

Yes, I thought back to Carlos' profligance when reading about the 6 main central midfielders.