Mendez Laing on why Derby....

"There has been interest from elsewhere but I think once I heard of Derby’s interest, it was something I wanted to keep in touch with.

"I don’t live far from here and I feel very settled. It was something I really wanted to do. I want to get going now."

He said: "I didn’t want to be part of something where they, as a club, aren’t playing for much or I’m just there to take part. I want to be part of the journey this club is about to go on."

"It ticks all the right boxes for me. It’s the first time I’ve seen the training ground and it’s probably the best training ground I’ve been to.

"The facilities are unreal. It’s a massive club and it shouldn’t be where it is but we are here and I’m excited to be part of the project. Hopefully we can build on it and get the club back to where it needs to be. It’s a great place to be and I just want to get going now.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/nathaniel-mendezlaing-sheffield-wednesday-derby-24389672