Season tickets still on sale

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

No guns weren't held to heads. I just think it was too early. Raised too many questions of funding at the club/unnecessary negative chatter when things were a bit shitty on the pitch too IIRC.

I think it only raised questions from the types who analyse every statement the club make to find some negative that's not there. I personally couldnt see anything sinister in it along with others I know .

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

I think it only raised questions from the types who analyse every statement the club make to find some negative that's not there. I personally couldnt see anything sinister in it along with others I know .

FWIW I don’t think there was anything sinister in it, however from a PR and club image point of view it was a faux pas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

That'll be the Trust and Stalk then

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

FWIW I don’t think there was anything sinister in it, however from a PR and club image point of view it was a faux pas. 

I'm wondering if it was an attempt at a diversionary tactic? Team not doing so well so let's see if we can either get the fans back on board or divert the grumblings towards the club and not Moore

31 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Nah the moral of the story is don't send out season ticket renewals halfway thru a season because its a fucking stupid thing to do

Are we the only club that does this? Think it's just designed for the habitual ST buyers, get money into the club as early as you can.

56 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Nah the moral of the story is don't send out season ticket renewals halfway thru a season because its a fucking stupid thing to do

Why?   I don't get why it matters.....been proved now to be just an early offer....nothing to see!

11 hours ago, MPB said:

Why?   I don't get why it matters.....been proved now to be just an early offer....nothing to see!

It matters because its a slippery slope. Lets be honest Chansiri has had plenty of mad cap schemes when it comes to ticketing, the classic 10 year one whatever that could be used for 20 years.

The fact is no other club set its renewal date that early speaks volumes. Then there were the hints the price may go up, I am guessing lower than expected numbers have forced the same price to be kept not altruism.

On occasion you do need to speak out about stupid decisions and the potential impact on the goodwill with fans. 

39 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

It matters because its a slippery slope. Lets be honest Chansiri has had plenty of mad cap schemes when it comes to ticketing, the classic 10 year one whatever that could be used for 20 years.

The fact is no other club set its renewal date that early speaks volumes. Then there were the hints the price may go up, I am guessing lower than expected numbers have forced the same price to be kept not altruism.

On occasion you do need to speak out about stupid decisions and the potential impact on the goodwill with fans. 

We'll agree to disagree then, I honestly can't see what the fuss was all about...

8 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Well you find another club that announced season ticket sales in December.  

I'll take your word for that, but I still believe it was to get money in early off the traditional buyers. If they couldn't afford it at the time they could still get it later at the same price or maybe I'm just naive.

18 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

I'll take your word for that, but I still believe it was to get money in early off the traditional buyers. If they couldn't afford it at the time they could still get it later at the same price or maybe I'm just naive.

But you couldn’t get it later at the same price, could you? Wasn’t there a 10% of so increase after the early, early bird special offer?

Even if I’m mistaken, and if there wasn’t a price rise at stage two, there was certainly a statement along the lines of “buy now, get the cheapest price”, which suggested that there would be.

I think the club would be better off producing the first stage prices (which I guess accounts for most ST sales) then decide on a release date, say Dec 1st. From this work forward to a desired “maximum” price for STs bought just before season starts. Then confirm an increase every 1st of month of x% until the final price is reached.

Thus, for a 5% monthly rise, Dec1st price * 1.05^8 = Price on 1st Aug. equates to an increase from Dec to Aug of 47.75%. If that’s too big, try 2%. 

But just be a bit more transparent.

[Ideally, I’d go back to a single price for STs available Apr to Aug, with maybe a short early bird discount stage. But that few stages seems unlikely now.]