Fan's derby.... Sheffield edition

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/sheffield-fans-derby-returns/

The Sheffield Fans Derby returns this evening, Wednesday 25 May, and supporters are welcome to attend the popular event!

The annual charity game, which began in 2008, sees fans of Wednesday and Sheffield United face each other in a 90-minute clash, with the real winners being a selected local charity.

This year, funds raised from the match will aid the Sheffield Hospitals Charity Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

Based at the Jessops Wing, the unit provides world class care and support for sick and premature babies and their families.

You can donate to this brilliant cause by CLICKING HERE.

Supporters can attend tonight’s game, which takes place at Inkersall Road, the home of Staveley Miners Welfare FC.

The match kicks off at 7:30pm, turnstiles open at 6:00pm and tickets are priced at just £3.

For more details on the Sheffield Fans Derby, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far and good luck to the teams this evening!    

I used to play in a charity us vs them game back in the early 2000s and they were always ok until the first 'miss-timed' tackle went in. Then they'd turn into a bloodbath. 

Ended around 2004 after the crowd fighting got to much and police had to attend at Woodburn rd stadium

On 25/05/2022 at 13:25, Tylluan said:

I used to play in a charity us vs them game back in the early 2000s and they were always ok until the first 'miss-timed' tackle went in. Then they'd turn into a bloodbath. 

Ended around 2004 after the crowd fighting got to much and police had to attend at Woodburn rd stadium

Hooligan!   😉

I've never watched the Sheffield one but many of us watched the Dundee one, played in between first team fixtures up there in 2005. We'd gone up there for a friendly weekend competition during Paul Sturrock's reign, featuring us and Wolves as well as the local pair.   The fans' game was by a country mile the most 'competitive' game. People flying up in the air galore. They'd both been fed raw meat, I reckon.  Our support loved it!  

• Like 1