RIP Rob Burrow

58 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The former Leeds Rhinos rugby player has lost his battle against Motor Neurone disease, at the age of just 41.

RIP fella. 

Poor lad and poor family too, but what an inspiration he's been: him, his lovely family and his PROPER best mate, Sinfield.  Bless them all.

RIP, Rob.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've never met Rob Burrow but I have to admit, it made me cry, I've been a hugr fan of RL for many a year, I used to dread it when my team (Huddersfield Giants) played Rhinos, with the likes of Sinfield, McGuire, Senior & Burrows came to town

The No7 was 4 foot nothing, and an absolute joy to watch, his runs from dummy half, picking the ball up 1 handed put teams instantly on the back foot, he played the game how it should be played, he played like a 7 foot giant, he got stuck in, wasn't scared to tackle those prop forwards at 18 stone plus, he wore his heart on his sleeve.

I don't like to throw the word "Legend" around easy but this lil player was, the game has lost a an all time great, a legend of the game & will be sorely missed.

Thank you for the memories, one I'm sure those in RL will cherish over a number of years.

My thoughts are with his Wife, kids, family & friends - especially Kevin Sinfield who was not only his team mate but his best friend.

Good night #7 God bless you.

RIP Rob Burrow.

Edited by owl4ever1867
  • Like 1