What a pile of....

HoylandOwl

rubbish THIS article is

So, let's compare scoring form in League 1 to the Championship. It's exactly the same isn't it.... 

I mean, does that make Rhodes better than Adam Armstrong and Jack Clarke then as they've got a goal less each? And all other strikers in the Champ because there's none which have scored more than 10 yet this season, in fact the division's top scorer is Sammie Szmodics. 

Yes, it didn't work for him at our place, that we can all agree on, but him scoring 10 so far in the Championship isn't a reminder of how he failed for us, AT ALL. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

rubbish THIS article is

So, let's compare scoring form in League 1 to the Championship. It's exactly the same isn't it.... 

I mean, does that make Rhodes better than Adam Armstrong and Jack Clarke then as they've got a goal less each? And all other strikers in the Champ because there's none which have scored more than 10 yet this season, in fact the division's top scorer is Sammie Szmodics. 

Yes, it didn't work for him at our place, that we can all agree on, but him scoring 10 so far in the Championship isn't a reminder of how he failed for us, AT ALL. 

Just getting tiresome shit sites like that and the stir etc looking for any negative no matter what.

I was at Blackpool on Saturday. Shrewsbury tried to man mark Rhodes so he dropped a little deeper to find the space. It made him a bit ineffective apart from playing the through ball for the penalty. Blackpool regular told me he normally just plays off the centre half's toes and grabs a yard when the ball comes in. 

Rhodes would have had half a chance at ours if we'd have changed our style to suit. The loan period at Norwich showed he still had a role to play. Always thought him and Winnall were just starting to gel when Carlos split it up. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

We’d have done nothing sticking with Rhodes and Winnall, the reason they didn’t stay together as a front 2 is they were both wank. Their career paths since show that 

Forwards need time to bed in more than any other position, apart from maybe goalkeepers, but the crowd very rarely allows that time. Winnall and Rhodes were the top two English goalscorers across, any division, for the past 2 seasons before they came to us. So they were hardly wank. You watch that home game against Birmingham, early Feb, and you can see the movement and understanding and they both scored that game. 

Winnall's career took a nose dive after a career threatening knee injury on loan at Derby and he's suffered with it ever since. 

We knocked the stuffing out of Rhodes by making him play like Steven Fletcher while Fletcher was injured/couldn't be arsed. How many times was he asked to play the fetch, carry, hold role as the lone striker. It was actually sad to watch him trying.  Carlos, Jos, and Monk all had a hand in that. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I was at Blackpool on Saturday. Shrewsbury tried to man mark Rhodes so he dropped a little deeper to find the space. It made him a bit ineffective apart from playing the through ball for the penalty. Blackpool regular told me he normally just plays off the centre half's toes and grabs a yard when the ball comes in. 

Rhodes would have had half a chance at ours if we'd have changed our style to suit. The loan period at Norwich showed he still had a role to play. Always thought him and Winnall were just starting to gel when Carlos split it up. 

Agree with that last bit. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

The loan period at Norwich produced 6 goals in 36 appearances and he struggled to get a start beyond October

He was shite, pound for pound probably our worst ever signing 

You are probably right. But, TBF to the club, most of the fans were clambering to get us to sign him up

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

The loan period at Norwich produced 6 goals in 36 appearances and he struggled to get a start beyond October

Well done for finding his Wiki page. 

Rhodes got 4 goals in the 9 games he started. He got a knock in training and Teemu Pukki, who was originally bought as a right winger and played the first 6 games as such, was put inside and the rest is history with Rhodes playing a bit part after that, picking up the last 10 mins or less in most of his other games.

But don't let my statistics spoil your view. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Oh by the way what did Liam Dooley have to say Saturday 😂

Didn't see Liam so don't know if he was there or not but had a very interesting conversation with Downes about his time at the club and what he's looking to do with Blackpool. 

23 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

You really don’t like being challenged do you? And the sarcasm for doing a bit of research is ironic considering that’s all you ever do

Research is what I do and I make a decent living out of it but I just don't like half arsed 'picking' to suit an agenda.