What the hell has happened to the world

HoylandOwl

It's a culmination of criminals no longer fearing justice mate, plod spend too much time pandering to vocal gobshites and chasing down the wrong sort of stuff. 

You see nonces and folks with serious vile shit get slapped on the wrist and knife crime being ignored to manipulate crime stats that folk seem to love

11 minutes ago, Reesh said:

It's a culmination of criminals no longer fearing justice mate, plod spend too much time pandering to vocal gobshites and chasing down the wrong sort of stuff. 

You see nonces and folks with serious vile shit get slapped on the wrist and knife crime being ignored to manipulate crime stats that folk seem to love

Well, that is spot on. 👌 

Got a mate who's a DS on the Derbyshire force and he's thinking of getting out. CPS have not bothered with ten of his cases since Christmas as they're "not in the public interest" or as he puts it "not the right crimes for this month's stats and we haven't got the money anyway."

CPS will only prosecute non headline crime if they're sure they can secure a verdict. That way their stats stay high. 

This week he's been sat behind a desk renaming file descriptions, duplicating data already on the system and redacting documents because the agency their force uses has staffing shortages.

14 hours ago, Reesh said:

Yeah, I get that mate. It’s crap. But even so, I don’t understand how so many people don’t seem to have given a shit about teaching their kids right from wrong too. 

yeah we get pissed off, yeah there’s times when even placid old me has got annoyed, even outraged at something or someone, but did I want to actually kill them? Absolutely not. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Got a mate who's a DS on the Derbyshire force and he's thinking of getting out. CPS have not bothered with ten of his cases since Christmas as they're "not in the public interest" or as he puts it "not the right crimes for this month's stats and we haven't got the money anyway."

CPS will only prosecute non headline crime if they're sure they can secure a verdict. That way their stats stay high. 

This week he's been sat behind a desk renaming file descriptions, duplicating data already on the system and redacting documents because the agency their force uses has staffing shortages.

Not shocked. 
a mate of mine is in the force in Sheffield, and he’s told me when it comes to robberies, they’re told even if they could catch the tealeaf on foot, don’t chase them. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yeah, I get that mate. It’s crap. But even so, I don’t understand how so many people don’t seem to have given a shit about teaching their kids right from wrong too. 

The 15 and 16 year olds running round now are 2nd generation who've not had the discipline in schools. These kids parents were the first who got put in isolation or excluded instead of caned or slippered. So they don't know how to discipline their own kids because they don't know values. Couple that with the do-gooders now banning smacking your own kids in your own home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

All coppers are ***** though 

On 09/04/2022 at 12:31, Tylluan said:

The 15 and 16 year olds running round now are 2nd generation who've not had the discipline in schools. These kids parents were the first who got put in isolation or excluded instead of caned or slippered. So they don't know how to discipline their own kids because they don't know values. Couple that with the do-gooders now banning smacking your own kids in your own home. 

Having said that, some of these kids parents, parents which is my generation who did receive the cane and slipper have failed in installing the values.