Another paper has a pop…

HoylandOwl

This time, it’s at a small section of our fans..

However, this time there’s a truth in the piece.. For what it’s worth though, the point is salient. I don’t understand the booing from those that do.

Yes, I understand there are people that believe, the actions are a linked to another cause. But in reality, does that really matter in THIS instance? That’s a question not a statement. 

Our team doesn’t take the knee. Is that why people boo when others do? Or is it because of the gesture?

I’m not trying to be inflammatory here, either. I’m firmly of the belief if it means something to those that do it, then good for them. If not, or you don’t think the gesture means anything, then don’t do it.

Are you that annoyed by something that takes seconds and doesn’t have a bearing on the score at the final whistle? 
Maybe I’m far too liberal. Who knows but I’m genuinely interested if it’s something that still stirs your emotions either way.

• Like 1

There was a nominal amount of booing at Wycombe - hard to say if it was say 5% - 10% of the fans 

I am not going to hazard a guess as to why - maybe 8 pints and a line, maybe just younger kids thinking its the done thing to be "edgy" 

I have always admitted that the teenage me on the Kop in the early 80's probably simply joined in the racist shit. Then you realised a) you were a prick b) the big lad playing up front getting us penalties in 83/84 was erm black. 

I suspect those booing then joined in the songs about Famewo, Iorfa, Palmer, clapped when Bakinson came on

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

There was a nominal amount of booing at Wycombe - hard to say if it was say 5% - 10% of the fans 

I am not going to hazard a guess as to why - maybe 8 pints and a line, maybe just younger kids thinking its the done thing to be "edgy" 

I have always admitted that the teenage me on the Kop in the early 80's probably simply joined in the racist shit. Then you realised a) you were a prick b) the big lad playing up front getting us penalties in 83/84 was erm black. 

I suspect those booing then joined in the songs about Famewo, Iorfa, Palmer, clapped when Bakinson came on

Not condoning any of this but was the booing aimed at black players or in supporting a movement that is corrupt and ripping off millions to fund the founder with big houses who wants the police disbanded?

All for making stands (never booed a black player or been racist towards any) but if it's about anti discrimination then would a different form of protest would be better for all? Maybe the players all stand shoulder to shoulder with arms around each other on the halfway line/ centre circle instead of taking the BLM's knee stance.

It doesn’t matter why people boo players who take the knee.  It is their prerogative to boo, not boo, or do whatever they bloody like.  We have this thing called freedom of speech, and if some people are allowed to protest, then other people are also allowed to demonstrate disapproval or disagreement.  Taking the knee is a protest, it is a very political gesture.  Pretending otherwise is just insulting people’s intelligence.  If you choose to make a political gesture in a place where I’m bound to notice, up to me whether I agree, disagree or ignore.