Moore talks up our number 9

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/you-want-your-number-nine-scoring/

Darren Moore has praised the impact of Lee Gregory following his return to action.

The striker was sidelined from late January to early March with a toe injury but has returned to the squad and found his form.

From our recent home games with Cheltenham and Wimbledon, the 33-year-old scored in both and his late winner against the Dons last Saturday could well prove key in the run-in.

Gregory’s diving header in stoppage time snatched all three points for the Owls and the gaffer said:

“We are creating chances and with someone of his ilk in the middle, he will certainly score goals. As long as we keep supplying, then I’m sure the likes of Lee Gregory will get on the scoresheet.

“We are delighted to have him back and what’s happening with him is as the weeks go by he is getting stronger.

“Saturday was another 90 minutes for him and another goal.

“You want your number nine scoring, I’m really pleased to see him again on the scoresheet.

“He’s got 10 goals and you have to remember he has been out injured as well so what’s to say he wouldn’t have got even more.

“We have to keep going. I said to the players after the game, go and enjoy the rest of your weekend with your families and then we come back in and work and prepare for another game.”